Is it dangerous to take ativan and valium on the same day?

[Ni...]

Do you have enough Ativan left to do a mini crossover, your body may be at a deficit if you withdraw the Ativan before the Valium has a chance to fully build up in your system.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ni...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ca...]

Do you have enough Ativan left to do a mini crossover, your body may be at a deficit if you withdraw the Ativan before the Valium has a chance to fully build up in your system.

I don't have enough valium to do that, well I do, so do 0.25mg of ativan and 7.5mg of valium? I'm not stable though.

I woke up with massive physical unrest. Yesterday I had home made pizza with chicken slices. The chicken slices usually give me physical unrest so I think it's from that. Still feeling slightly physical unrest after taking the benzos.

I took my 10 mg of valium right now and I'm feeling weird. A bit physical unrest lingers on the background. Will I recover from this missed dose? I took lions mane 3 days ago and it apparently detoxifies toxins including Valium probably, so I might have gotten tolerance from that as well. I felt more physical anxiety when I took it, a lot more. It subsided afterwards.

Symptoms wax and wane of their own volition, you could do everything exactly the same every day and your symptoms would change so trying to assign what you're feeling to a supplement, activity, food, medication or anything else isn't likely to produce an accurate result.

My feeling is and has always been that supplements will complicate this process, your body is built to repair itself, every cell in your body knows what to do, adding foreign substances to the mix likely isn't helpful and could complicate your recovery.

I doubt you're still dealing with that missed dose, you're most likely tolerant to the benzo's and would benefit from tapering off and freeing yourself from this nightmare.  Another option is to go up in dose and forget about tapering off if you feel your quality of life is better on benzo's, we have a member who went back up in dose and is doing well.

Symptoms wax and wane of their own volition, you could do everything exactly the same every day and your symptoms would change so trying to assign what you're feeling to a supplement, activity, food, medication or anything else isn't likely to produce an accurate result.

My feeling is and has always been that supplements will complicate this process, your body is built to repair itself, every cell in your body knows what to do, adding foreign substances to the mix likely isn't helpful and could complicate your recovery.

I doubt you're still dealing with that missed dose, you're most likely tolerant to the benzo's and would benefit from tapering off and freeing yourself from this nightmare.  Another option is to go up in dose and forget about tapering off if you feel your quality of life is better on benzo's, we have a member who went back up in dose and is doing well.

I had consistently no symptoms before my missed dose.al are you saying I developed tolerance because of that missed dose? Will that tolerance go away again?

No, I'm not saying you developed tolerance because of that missed dose, I'm saying that trying to determine what causes each and every shift in symptoms is impossible because the symptoms can shift on their own regardless of any outside influence.  You can drive yourself crazy trying to figure this out, most often there is no rhyme or reason for the change in our symptoms, its just the nature of the brain trying to repair itself. 

Having said that, I know this process makes us worry about every single thing we're feeling, we can't help but try to make sense of it. 

No, I'm not saying you developed tolerance because of that missed dose, I'm saying that trying to determine what causes each and every shift in symptoms is impossible because the symptoms can shift on their own regardless of any outside influence.  You can drive yourself crazy trying to figure this out, most often there is no rhyme or reason for the change in our symptoms, its just the nature of the brain trying to repair itself. 

Having said that, I know this process makes us worry about every single thing we're feeling, we can't help but try to make sense of it.

Could it be because I took my morning dose with my evening dose that I had a peak in my bloodstream and that I'm withdrawing from that?

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm fully on valium now, 12 mg of valium in the morning 12 mg of valium in the evening. Felt physical anxiety this morning, went away after taking the 12 mg of valium. Went to sleep in the afternoon, had moments of moderate to severe physical anxiety during my sleep, woke up feeling on the edge of physical anxiety, smoked cigarettes and ate something and now I'm feeling alright, not as perfect as before the missed dose but no physical anxiety.

Will I ever recover or is this tolerance permanent?

I might enroll in flumazenil treatment, i went to the hospital for it yesterday and theyre gonna consider it.

Good to see you only on Valium, now you can begin to taper in earnest.  What you're feeling isn't permanent, when you're off of the drug and have recovered from its effects you'll feel much better. 

I read on your other thread you were considering Flumazenil, I'd do a lot of independent research. 

Good to see you only on Valium, now you can begin to taper in earnest.  What you're feeling isn't permanent, when you're off of the drug and have recovered from its effects you'll feel much better. 

I read on your other thread you were considering Flumazenil, I'd do a lot of independent research.

I had to updose to 14 mg of valium in the morning and 14 mg in the evening in order to get stable, starting today.

It looks as if your only path to freedom from this anxiety is to taper from the Valium and heal from its effects.  It will mean dealing with increased anxiety while you taper and recover but eventual freedom will be so much better than sustaining the anxiety by staying on the drug. 

• 4 weeks later...

It looks as if your only path to freedom from this anxiety is to taper from the Valium and heal from its effects.  It will mean dealing with increased anxiety while you taper and recover but eventual freedom will be so much better than sustaining the anxiety by staying on the drug.

Yes. I'm cutting to 12 mg of valium in the evening this evening. Hopefully I'll stabilize.

• 4 weeks later...

So now almost 2 months later, I just have cut to 12 mg of valium in the morning, and now am on 12 mg of valium in the morning and 12 mg of valium in the evening. My addiction doctor had no clue, thinking that my acute withdrawal throughout the day was due to the risperidone and not the benzos, because I proved him wrong by updosing the valium and then tapering back to my prescription, and now feeling stable. It's scandalous how these doctors have no clue of benzos whilst it's this doctor his specialty.

Now I'm just wondering, should I cut 2 mg of valium every 2 weeks, or just 1 mg?

• 1 month later...
I've been voluntarily hospitalized for tapering off benzos. I had the impression I was gonna taper 2 mg per 2 weeks but thd doctors wanted to do a rapid taper, tapering 4 mg per week. I refused that and they decreased my dose with 1 mg and now the doctor wants to decrease the dose by another 1 mg, 1 week after my last cut. I suffered from severe withdrawal and physical anxiety during that week, is it too fast to taper 1 mg of valium per week?