Is it dangerous to take ativan and valium on the same day?

[Ni...]

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ni...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ca...]

Well the first day I was still on 0.75mg of Ativan and they switched my midday dosage of valium to the evening that same day, so as the Ativan stopped working I felt withdrawal but I actually felt kind of good during that time.

The first day I had Valium in the morning which was yesterday I really felt terrible all day, just miserable. This feeling of unrestiness just kept lingering and I felt like doing something but at the same time I felt like not doing anything at all..

Today the unrestiness continued throughout the day but I felt slightly more relaxed. Overall I'm feeling like crap though, as this feeling of unrestiness just keeps lingering. For some reason I feel like the valium is giving me this unrestiness anxiety feeling. I'm not sure. I feel like cold turkeying the benzos in order to feel better but I've been adviced by a friend who's been on klonopin not to do that so I won't.

It's this lingering anxiety that's just creeping up on me that makes me feel at unease. I can't feel fully relaxed for some reason.

The only thing I can do right now in order to feel better is to lay in bed listening to hypnosis..

I also notice I start to jaw clench, is this normal?

The jaw clenching is normal and so are the feelings of anxiety, they'll be with you until you're off the drug and healed from its effects.  Everything you're going through is to be expected and please don't cold turkey, it will just make you hurt more but it won't help you heal, only time will do that.

I take vitamin C 1000 mg of pure ascorbic acid and it makes the anxiety/unrestiness go away, but I do get raised heart rate and sometimes pounding chest.

I don't feel like doing anything, I'm just smoking cigarettes all day, is depression a side effect of valium?

Depression is very common with Valium, but depression is also a side effect of withdrawal.  The best thing you can do for yourself is distraction, don't sit and smoke all day, move, distract, do projects, take walks if you can, do puzzles, anything to take your mind off of your symptoms.

I'm having a major setback today. Feeling unresty again, due to this vitamin b1 supplement I took yesterday to calm my heart. It contained magnesium stearate, and I'm very sensitive to magnesium. This sucks and is very unpleasant compared to the previous days when I only had high heart rate.

I've sure heard my share of supplement horror stories, I didn't take any because I read other members mixed results with them and didn't want to take a chance.  I hope you feel better soon.

I keep waking up with anxiety, I took magnesium glycinate for the second time today as yesterday it helped me calm but today I don't feel like it's working at all and even making my anxiety worse.. I'm thinking of up dosing with 2 mg of valium.

So apparently it was the egcg that I took yesterday that made me feel calm as I took it again today and it made me feel calm, but it's a gaba receptor modulator and it makes me feel weird in the brain so I'm gonna stop taking it. I think I'm gonna give my CNS a rest by not taking any supplement tommorow except for vitamin C and hopefully I'll revert back to the situation before I took the B1 which started this whole setback.

I took n acetyl cysteine and it makes my anxiety go away. I however had this custard pudding full of chemicals which caused me to feel headachey and had an anxiety episode this morning. The anxiety later went away. I did hypnosis for the headache and it's better now but I feel majorly depressed. It's probably due to the valium.

Nikitis, I'd like you to understand something about benzo withdrawal.  It can change from day to day or minute to minute, we never know how we're going to feel which is part of the frustration of this process.  Its very difficult to assign what we're feeling to a particular food or supplement, there may be no correlation, it could be just the process.  Of course, you know your body more than I do and could be right about what you're feeling, but be careful not to add anymore stress of supplements to your already over sensitized central nervous system.

Depression is very common, it's not you, it's the drug, okay?

Today I added 0.5mg of valium because the anxiety was unbearable. I tried everything, except for theanine which I still have to receive today. I tried vitamin C, magnesium citrate and n acetyl cysteine. None of them were able to get my anxiety to go away.

I hope the theanine will be able to do that, so I won't have to add in 0.5mg of valium everyday.

You are going to experience anxiety and depression, this is the nature of this process and the true healer is time, not supplements and not adding more Valium.  I know you feel powerless but I worry you're going to disrupt your healing.

Your brain and every cell in your body knows what to do, what every living organism is designed to do, heal itself.  How is it we expect something invented and manufactured in a facility to fix us?  I understand what you're doing, I do it too, but your body is doing what it needs to do and loading it up with foreign substances not found in nature is taxing it, not helping it.  Think of all of the fillers and binders put in the supplements you're taking, is this what your body needs?

Your best tool is distraction, it hurts me to see you doing things which may delay your healing.

I can't take the anxiety, it's intolerable. The theanine only helps somewhat. I tried playing a video game on my laptop and it helped somewhat but once I quit the anxiety is back again..

All I can do now is lay in bed listening to hypnosis and smoke cigarettes.

Edit: I took magnesium citrate and vitamin C and the anxiety is gone now, or at the least bit present which makes it tolerable.

Edit 2: I took a ham cheese croissant and I now have a minor headache and feel unresty in my head. It must have been the chemicals in the ham. Ugh.

Edit 3: I took 1 mg of valium today, I'm gonna get an appointment with my pdoc to go to 5 mg of valium in the morning.

Edit 4: I took another 2.5mg today in order to feel rest.

I can't take the anxiety, it's intolerable. The theanine only helps somewhat. I tried playing a video game on my laptop and it helped somewhat but once I quit the anxiety is back again..

All I can do now is lay in bed listening to hypnosis and smoke cigarettes.

Edit: I took magnesium citrate and vitamin C and the anxiety is gone now, or at the least bit present which makes it tolerable.

Edit 2: I took a ham cheese croissant and I now have a minor headache and feel unresty in my head. It must have been the chemicals in the ham. Ugh.

Edit 3: I took 1 mg of valium today, I'm gonna get an appointment with my pdoc to go to 5 mg of valium in the morning.

Edit 4: I took another 2.5 mg today in order to feel rest.

I keep getting this restless feeling on my left chest every morning that I wake up it's so annoying. Showering minimizes it.

I've talked to my pdoc today, I've been put on 5 milligrams of valium in the morning.

I took the as needed 5 mg at 5:30 pm I felt like I needed it after a bad reaction to n acetyl cysteine.

I'm now taking the as needed everyday as of today totaling my Valium amount to 15 mg. I still notice restlessness/anxiety.

Hi Nikitis,

I see from your signature that in November 2019 you were taking 3 mgs of Ativan, it looks like you're now on 15 mgs of Valium a day.  Since 3 mgs of Ativan is roughly equivalent to 30 mgs Valium you've done quite well with your taper. 

Pamster

Thank you Pamster, I'm going to a special benzodiazepine clinic to taper off the valium, it's gonna take 6 weeks.

This sounds like a fairly rapid taper but I wish you the best of luck.  I hope you'll keep us updated on your situation because in my time here I've only seen one case of a rapid detox in a facility that was successful, I hope yours will be the second.  Here is the success story a member posted recently.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=239779.0

Typically what happens is the patient will reinstate after the detox because of the unbearable withdrawal symptoms and do slow taper, but hopefully this won't happen with you. 

Thank you for the reply Pamster, today I didn't take the as needed today and I had barely tolerable anxiety, I took a shower and it helped. I also took a bunch of supplements and the ones that work the best are magnesium citrate water and vitamin C.