How much (40% alcohol) vodka for V

[Su...]

I use 2 ml vodka per 1 mg Valium. So for 10 mg V you’ll need 20 ml vodka and 40 ml for 20 mg V. I’m using a 1:10 mixture, 1 mg Valium per 10 ml liquid (2 ml vodka and 8 ml distilled water).

What’s your daily dose of V? Another option is propylene glycol, same “recipe” as with vodka. You can get it on Amazon (just want to make sure it’s food grade).

Why shift to liquid at that amount of Valium? It's easy to taper from that amount with just using pills. Making liquid helps to get smaller doses once you hit the wall on reducing from pill size. Xanax is much stronger than Valium, and I did not go DLMT until I was down to .5 per day. So, I was wondering why you would measure with a liquid at this point.

Why shift to liquid at that amount of Valium? It's easy to taper from that amount with just using pills. Making liquid helps to get smaller doses once you hit the wall on reducing from pill size. Xanax is much stronger than Valium, and I did not go DLMT until I was down to .5 per day. So, I was wondering why you would measure with a liquid at this point.

I was just going to come back to say something along these lines. You could taper by taking part of your dose as liquid and the rest as tablets if you wanted, but I tapered down easily from 20 mg V using only tablets to start.

Y'all have Very good points...makes way more sense to dry cut the larger V pills, then liquid taper once it get to lower doses.

Im in the stabilization stage and trying to plan my next taper, so trying to gather all the info I can. Probably going to switch to V due to longer half life. Feel its best to follow Dr Ashton method. 

Are you in the U.S.?  If so, in case you might be interested, an FDA-approved, professionally manufactured oral solution of diazepam is available. To learn more, go to DailyMed at:

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov

Look for the 5mg/5mL formulation not the Intensol which is five times more concentrated and also contains alcohol which some members wish to avoid.  (The 5mg/5mL solution does NOT contain alcohol.)