Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Internal tremors

[Fp...]

At nearly 16 months I have a new symptom that has been occuring in the early mornings after waking up and trying to go back to sleep. I experience a vibrating feeling in my torso. It is not visible and seems to be solely internal. It comes and goes as I lay in bed trying to return to sleep. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think it is related to benzo withdrawal? I researched a bit and saw that it is often times related to Parkinson's disease or other neuro muscular diseases, which is a bit scary.

Thanks for any information.

Fp

Fp,

I had what I think was a similar symptom. Mine was earlier in recovery and used to start a few hours after I got up and then last for about 6-8 hours. It was very disturbing.

I get a sense that it’s another withdrawal symptom and will hang around until it decides to go. It doesn’t stop you getting it checked out if you wish.

G

Oh yes. the internal tremor. This has been one of my most long-lasting symptoms. I remember I liked being in my car because of the vibrations of the engine canceled out the vibrations of my body. LOL.

I'm 13 months out, and it still comes and goes. It's very annoying but wasn't my worst symptom by any means …

Oh yes. the internal tremor. This has been one of my most long-lasting symptoms. I remember I liked being in my car because of the vibrations of the engine canceled out the vibrations of my body. LOL.

I'm 13 months out, and it still comes and goes. It's very annoying but wasn't my worst symptom by any means …

Thanks Restoration,

I also take sertraline, 50 mg, and have for many years. I wonder if that plays a role with the internal tremors. Looks like Im just a few months ahead of you. Hopefully, we will be through with all of this soon.

Thanks for responding,

Fp

@[Gi...]

Thank you for your response. Im gonna ride it out for a while and see if it passes. I have the sense that it is all wd related, as you said. Lets hope all of these sfx leave us all in the very near future.

Thanks,

Fp

Just wanted to report in and say yup, this is my most longest lasting symptom along with my reflux.  That and complete spazzed-out muscles on occasion.

Not sure about a specific torso vibration but yes, I deal with the internal “body buzz.”  So far (knock on wood) I’ve been spared from terrible physical symptoms but the internal vibration has been fairly pronounced, along with bizarre head pressures/sensations.

• 2 months later...
I have this vibrations now 4 months. The whole day. It makes me crazy. 4 months off benzo and antidepressive now. Please help. Sleep omly 2 hoursc

[9b...]

Oh yes!!! Since day one off. I am.soon 31 months off. I have it most in my torso but can feel it in feets, legs, face, brain. It can change in freqvens too sometimes slow or really rapid....my worst sxs no doubt :(  24/7 now in a window less intemse maybe ut will fade away know.

I had so much symptoms that was neurologic that my psychdoc said I had do some tests to see if I had any severe neurologic illness or brain damage.

I have done MRI &EEG. They found a tumor on my tests but the tunmor dont cause these electric/buzz/tremor/pulse in my body I have a vestibular hearing balance tumor. 

This is w/d causing this imner vibration. My doc said that parkinsons and MS cause another kind of tremor.You can see the shaking tremor in that case.

YES!  Pretty much 24/7 since going into acute BWD. 17 months off and I still have it every day.  Some days worse than others. Something I have noticed is that it seems to resonate at the same frequency as my tinnitus. Anybody else experience that? 

Best wishes!

[9b...]

YES!  Pretty much 24/7 since going into acute BWD. 17 months off and I still have it every day.  Some days worse than others. Something I have noticed is that it seems to resonate at the same frequency as my tinnitus. Anybody else experience that? 

Best wishes!

OH YES!!!!!!!! Me too! High speed in these vibrations cause high tinnitus for me aswell. I guess the brain respond like that. Often late evening. Have it now.

Do you also have viaual issues that is connected to these symptons? I do. Slow vibration makes my world going in slow motion feeling in head and what I see. And opposite way if its high freqvens in vibration and tinnitus. Strange :o

Best wishes!

OH YES!!!!!!!! Me too! High speed in these vibrations cause high tinnitus for me aswell. I guess the brain respond like that. Often late evening. Have it now.

Do you also have viaual issues that is connected to these symptons? I do. Slow vibration makes my world going in slow motion feeling in head and what I see. And opposite way if its high freqvens in vibration and tinnitus. Strange :o

Yes, I have visual issues as well. Sometimes just moving my eyes makes the world spin. Crazy how this is all interconnected.

[9b...]

Best wishes!

Yes, I have visual issues as well. Sometimes just moving my eyes makes the world spin. Crazy how this is all interconnected.

I thought I was the only one having this vibration incl tinnitus that are connected to each other. This is my long lasting symptom. If I have no vibration this other stuff disapear. My inner vibrstion kan feels,like electric current, like a really hard pulse, shivering, shaking, motor feeling. I have it all over my body. It is less intense atm I have somekind of window isch

Best wishes!

I thought I was the only one having this vibration incl tinnitus that are connected to each other. This is my long lasting symptom. If I have no vibration this other stuff disapear. My inner vibrstion kan feels,like electric current, like a really hard pulse, shivering, shaking, motor feeling. I have it all over my body. It is less intense atm I have somekind of window isch

Nope - You’re not alone!  😞

Glad to hear you are experiencing a window. 😊

I have his too, almost at 6 months off.  Can feel it mostly at night or during a nap, but sometimes throughout my days as well.  I too feel it in my brain, like a brain quake.  Mostly it is in my chest and head.  I also move my head a certain way and have visual whirls and vertigo sensations. Hang in there everyone.

I am 11 weeks off benzo . The vibrations started 6 months ago. It started in my feet. Now it is in my legs belly and mostly in my left chest. I am getting crazy of it. 24/7

Worst sleep. How do you buddies are going thru this. Please help. Nobody can tell me when it will stop. I think it will not. I am so hopeless.

[9b...]

I am 11 weeks off benzo . The vibrations started 6 months ago. It started in my feet. Now it is in my legs belly and mostly in my left chest. I am getting crazy of it. 24/7

Worst sleep. How do you buddies are going thru this. Please help. Nobody can tell me when it will stop. I think it will not. I am so hopeless.

[/quote

So you got them on benzo too? Was it during taper? Mine started when my body was clean from benzo around 6 weeks after my CT it started.

Day by day i get more and more desperate. No any windows. Vibrations almost 24 /7. I sleep only 3 hours. I am waking up a lot. It is so hard to hold on. I am getting more desperate and hopeless.

Day by day i get more and more desperate. No any windows. Vibrations almost 24 /7. I sleep only 3 hours. I am waking up a lot. It is so hard to hold on. I am getting more desperate and hopeless.

I hated my internal vibrations but they left after a couple of months. Yours will leave too. Just hang on.