getting harder to pull liquid with syringe

[fa...]

Hi all!

Is it just me or is there a reason I am finding it so difficult to pull my solution out of the jar with my syringe? I am at the point now that I am pulling approx 290 ml out of my 800 ml solution. I have a 60ml syringe so I have to pull out 4x at 60 ml each and dispose and the last pull is 50ml.

I feel like I need superhuman strength to do the last 2 syringe pulls. Its almost like a vacuum and my arm is aching. Is there a scientific reason behind this lol or am I just getting weak? I can't imagine how I am going to pull 400 out which would mean almost 7 syringes full... yikes.

You might need a new syringe.  I am using a 10ml syringe and had been using the same syringe for a while and noticed that it was getting harder to pull.  I switched syringes and it became instantly easier.

If you want to pour, and want to be able to pretty accurately measure what you've poured, you can buy beakers -- they're in milliliters -- on Amazon. I had a variety of beakers. Specifically, a 300 ml beaker and then, when my dose got lower, a 100 ml beaker. They helped a great deal. I experienced that "harder pull" also, and did what badsocref suggested.

Best to you,

Katz

I buy “single use” syringes and toss them after a few uses. I notice they don’t work as well when I’ve been using them for longer periods.

Hi all!

Is it just me or is there a reason I am finding it so difficult to pull my solution out of the jar with my syringe? I am at the point now that I am pulling approx 290 ml out of my 800 ml solution. I have a 60ml syringe so I have to pull out 4x at 60 ml each and dispose and the last pull is 50ml.

I feel like I need superhuman strength to do the last 2 syringe pulls. Its almost like a vacuum and my arm is aching. Is there a scientific reason behind this lol or am I just getting weak? I can't imagine how I am going to pull 400 out which would mean almost 7 syringes full... yikes.

why and how an 800 ml solution??  i thought they were all always supposed to be 300 ml. :(

My solution is 200 ml (1:10 ratio benzo to liquid). It all depends on what benzo you’re tapering and how small you want your drops to be.

Hi all!

why and how an 800 ml solution??  i thought they were all always supposed to be 300 ml. :(

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Any suggestions where to find a new syringe? I got my old McKesson from my MD who doesn't practice anymore. Seems on Amazon they only sell bulk? I have a McKesson luer lock 60cc.

HTDS nice to hear from you!!!! :)

Why and 800ML solution? I don't know lol. Just how I started. I think I need that much or I would have no liquid left. Don't forget I take mine 4x day so I have to split that into 4 jars. Maybe with one jar it would be different. As it is now, in order to go from 2 pills to hit 1 pill in April I will be pulling out 400ml so that only leaves 100 ml per jar.

I am no expert, I get lots of help from kind people like Hope who understand better than I do  ;)

I bought my syringes from amazon. Yeah, I had to buy 10 or so, but I used them all.

Another idea: ask your vet. I got some 2 and 5 ml syringes from my vet cinic. I also asked my pharmacist. He gave me a couple of bigger capacity syringes. No charge.

Or, you can order from ebay. I was just there and they sell 2-packs in various capacities.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Thanks Oregonkatz! I did try all the pharmacies but they don't carry the 60cc size. I did go into a local vape shop. Someone said they use them to get the ratio of flavor and PG they mix together. They were nice to give me one but it was a really cheap one and wouldn't hold the liquid...it leaked out as soon as I pulled the liquid :-\

I called a medical supply place and was told you need a prescription, although I don't know why...there is no needle  :idiot:

I will have to check eBay. I appreciate the tips! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.