Topiramate ?

[...]

Hi All,

I am now seeing a neurologist. For bad headaches and light sensitivity 2 months post taper, she has prescribed Topiramate 25mg at night. Was wondering if anyone else tried this? Any help? Any challenges later getting off of it?

Last thing I want is more medication BUT I feel like I am about to have a seizure a lot of the time and am housebound a lot of the time now so desperately wanting to do something and don't want to reinstate.

Would appreciate support and thoughts. : )

PHMG

Hi phmg,

I typed Topamax into the search function on this board, Other Medications and found many threads about it, hopefully you can find some which pertain to your question.

If you're suffering this badly with headaches, you need to address it.  We all get paranoid about medications after going through benzo withdrawal but from what I've seen and heard around here for many years is that benzo's are the worst to recover from and if you can survive this, then everything else is manageable.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I did not see this thread until now. I  am tapering off topamax now and it had been a 2 year nightmare so far. I would suggest not getting on it if at all possible.

I was on it for a long time at a high dose so I dont know how if 25 mg would be alright. The goal of a doctor is to get you on as much medication as possible and then move on to the next patient.

I would procede with caution. Good luck

Daniel