Scale Readings

[Me...]

I’ve just recently, since early January, begin doing a daily micro taper via dry cutting using a scale.  I find that the numbers after calibrating the scale bounce around.  Does that affect the cut, if it’s in within a number.  For example, I take Valium, 4.75 mg.  So I split one two mg pill in half and I weigh it according to my cut percentage. the weight comes out 0.074 but bounces between .074-.075.  I want to try and hold for a bit but not sure if that small a difference will make an impact.  I calibrate and recalibrate the scale and I do the addition and subtraction if it’s not zero out.  Most of the time the number comes out the same but sometimes I think it might be one off.  I just can’t tell.

Meems

[6c...]

Those little scales are a very good value, but they have a little bit of inaccuracy.  So some weights will be off by up to a few milligrams.  You can minimize the error by using the scale on a solid, level surface away from air drafts (including your breath). 

The error for the dose you're taking can reach 4-5%.  That's actually a fairly small error.  Also - the error tends to average out from day to day due to valium's long half-life.

There are some strategies to reducing the error (which I'm happy to share), but personally, I don't think it should be an issue now.

It sounds like my scale is like yours, Meems.  I weigh my piece several times, and often I have to recalibrate several times.  I try to have it come out the same twice in a row, and then I go with it.  I realize that it's not perfect, but I figure over time it averages out.  Also I read somewhere about the drug not being spread evenly through the tablet, so even if my scale weight it right, the actual drug may vary.  But I just keep going, 5 months now, and hopefully about halfway done.