The Third 🐢 Charm.

[be...]

Beautiful encouraging update Begood. Thanks for your dedication to helping others along the way. Your village is awesome!!!! YOU are even more awesome! Love to you sweet dear warrior. I'm looking forward to your next update. My 1 year milestone is on the 20th of this month. I'm so excited. I hope I can find the words as lovely as yours to celebrate.

Thanks for lighting my path!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [La...]

• [Bl...]

• [sa...]

Beautiful encouraging update Begood. Thanks for your dedication to helping others along the way. Your village is awesome!!!! YOU are even more awesome! Love to you sweet dear warrior. I'm looking forward to your next update. My 1 year milestone is on the 20th of this month. I'm so excited. I hope I can find the words as lovely as yours to celebrate.

Thanks for lighting my path!

Thanks Lady, such a lovely post it brought tears to my eyes. I am proud of all that you do and what you have gone through, and regardless you still always life others. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Good to hear from you begood! Your positive attitude is very catching, given how difficult a journey this is.

It definitely takes a can-do-it approach and a sticking-to-it manner, to finish this race. And you have both.

Even to this day I see microscopic improvements in my recovery. Emotions that I haven't felt for many years still occur and surprise me....It's encouraging to see I'm coming back to life...slow but sure. The journey though rough has been well worth the investment.

Keep up the good work and never, ever look back, but only forward. ;D

Good to hear from you begood! Your positive attitude is very catching, given how difficult a journey this is.

It definitely takes a can-do-it approach and a sticking-to-it manner, to finish this race. And you have both.

Even to this day I see microscopic improvements in my recovery. Emotions that I haven't felt for many years still occur and surprise me....It's encouraging to see I'm coming back to life...slow but sure. The journey though rough has been well worth the investment.

Keep up the good work and never, ever look back, but only forward. ;D

Hi BlueRose, thank you for your lovely post. I am so happy that you are seeing improvement, I agree that it is so nice to have the emotions return and to feel better. It is certainly like a "Rebirth" and I am so Grateful that I found BB and so many Buddies that understand what we go through. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

• 2 months later...

🐢Twenty-two Month Update, just wanted to post that I am doing well, I am still healing. As we know the Brain takes longer to heal, but it does. I had blips of sx's and dealt with them, and was able to remain functional. I do not think anyone should go as slow as I did, but this was my last try...if I did not succeed I would stay on Valium. But one must decide how to taper and what they are willing to do, to make it work for them But thankfully being a 🐢 all the way down helped me to get off and not to have horrific sx's. I healed as I went down and that is why I have not noticed big changes, but I feel good and my mind is clear. My sleep is better, I am now getting 5-6 hrs of sleep, I have started going to sleep between 9-10 most nights, that is if I do not fall asleep in the chair. I think by changing sleep pattern has helped the most, I feel refreshed when I wake and have even on 4hrs of sleep. So I know in time the sleep will continue to increase, and if not I am grateful for what I am getting. Not having a benzo in my body gives me a feeling of Elation and Calm, it is a wonderful feeling. I would not change a thing about my taper.

I was not having problems with Valium at all, but because of things my wicked ENT said about me in front of a Office full of patients, I did not deserve that at all. Of course he made out the schedule for my first two tapers, but he nearly killed me...until I said no more and left his practice and worked with my Primary Doctor. I decided that I wanted off and I was going to do it my way, and my Primary allowed me to do it, and no problems at all with getting scripts. Of course I had hoarded a lot, because I did not trust that Valium would not be pulled off the Market, and in the years since I started, many are being yanked off benzo's and it is a sin for those that have to suffer.I do not know how people that invented these pills sleep knowing that benzo's can wreak our life. So thankfully I do not have that worry now or ever again.

Stay Strong, throw out your calendar, find the proper speed of tapering for you and do not be afraid to walk off when it is time. Walking off was a milestone for me and it will be for you too. If you can try to find something Positive in each day, it really helps to set the mood, it did for me. And never ever give up on Hope. I am grateful that I found BB and keep distracted with my threads and "The Village". I really believe that all good things take time..💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Wow Begood you are so right! Slow is much better on the body than fast. I'm grateful that you're doing well. Your sleep will surely improve. That 4 hrs will be 5 then 6 etc.  :thumbsup:

I agree that giving up shouldn't be a quick fix to the challenging task of getting off the pills. I'm glad you dusted yourself off and tried again! Look at you now, girl!!! You're a true witness that it can be done no matter if you have to go soooooo slow. Looking forward to more updates from you.

Congrats on your milestone. I love you sweetie!!!

Thank you for posting and continuing to share about your victory, BG. You give hope and inspiration to so many! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Gardie, you have always been a great support to me and others here. Thankfully you and I have walked off and now we are putting our life back together, one step at a time. 💖 Peace and Healing.💦

Wow Begood you are so right! Slow is much better on the body than fast. I'm grateful that you're doing well. Your sleep will surely improve. That 4 hrs will be 5 then 6 etc.  :thumbsup:

I agree that giving up shouldn't be a quick fix to the challenging task of getting off the pills. I'm glad you dusted yourself off and tried again! Look at you now, girl!!! You're a true witness that it can be done no matter if you have to go soooooo slow. Looking forward to more updates from you.

Congrats on your milestone. I love you sweetie!!!

Thanks Lady,I know how hard it has been for you post taper, but your strength will get you what you so deserve. Look how far you have come and what you have been able to do. It is nice to get 5-6 hrs of sleep, but I had to tweak when I went to bed, the chair is not my bed.. :D 💖 Peace and Healing.💦

• 4 weeks later...

That’s ok. When people are sleep deprived it doesn’t seem to matter where they can get some sleep. lol

But you’re right that ideally you want to sleep in your bed at night. The association is good for the mind to trigger sleepiness.  :thumbsup:

Hugs

That’s ok. When people are sleep deprived it doesn’t seem to matter where they can get some sleep. lol

But you’re right that ideally you want to sleep in your bed at night. The association is good for the mind to trigger sleepiness.  :thumbsup:

Hugs

:smitten::thumbsup:    :smitten:💖Peace and Healing.💦

Begood, I'm so happy for you!  :mybuddy:

:smitten:

Thank you dearest Trans, I haven't given up on the most beautiful kind Swedish Woman, that brings joy and laughter to others. I read your posts all the time, I know it has been so hard for you, but I will never give up thinking that one day you too will have the healing you so deserve. I would say to Stay Strong, but you are one of the strongest people I know. 💖 Peace and Healing.💦

So happy for you!  It sounds like your suffering was extreme and very scary with fast tapers.  I'm glad you tapered at your own pace.  I did a turtle taper too and do not regret it.  I stayed functional, and that was important to me. 

So happy for you!  It sounds like your suffering was extreme and very scary with fast tapers.  I'm glad you tapered at your own pace.  I did a turtle taper too and do not regret it.  I stayed functional, and that was important to me.

Thanks Sage, from one Warrior to another, hang in there, post wd can sometimes take forever, it really takes each of our Brains to heal as they wish, nothing more...time and much patience as you know. Acceptance of hard times is very challenging as you well know. I was just so glad that I decided to try one more time and to do a 🐢 taper, I would do it all again for sure. Thanks for all your great songs On "The Oldies" thread. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing.💦

Thanks Sage, from one Warrior to another, hang in there, post wd can sometimes take forever, it really takes each of our Brains to heal as they wish, nothing more...time and much patience as you know. Acceptance of hard times is very challenging as you well know. I was just so glad that I decided to try one more time and to do a 🐢 taper, I would do it all again for sure. Thanks for all your great songs On "The Oldies" thread. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing.💦

It had been almost 8 years and I thought I was as good as I was going to get from the benzo withdrawal.  But this setback is absolutely horrific.  I don't know if I would have gotten like this even without having been benzo-damaged, but I think the damage might play a role.  Anyway, I hope I heal.  The fact you are healing so well is very encouraging.

It had been almost 8 years and I thought I was as good as I was going to get from the benzo withdrawal.  But this setback is absolutely horrific.  I don't know if I would have gotten like this even without having been benzo-damaged, but I think the damage might play a role.  Anyway, I hope I heal.  The fact you are healing so well is very encouraging.

I think that we indeed had an onslaught against our Brains with the blasted benzo's and then getting C19, you have had much to deal with a disease that they do not know much about and a pill that put our Brains in a semi-sleep. I read that about the semi-sleep years ago and indeed we have had to deal with allowing our Brains to heal. You will heal from the C19 post onslaught too, it mimics benzo wd from what I have read on the boards, you will be able to find healing as the days go on. I think you are very strong, and have been given much to bear, but I know that you will be OK, when it is time.  :smitten: 

Thank you so much for your words, begood.  I don't feel strong at the moment, but I'll have to be to get through this.  Covid does mimic benzo withdrawal, that's why it's so traumatizing.  I feel like I've been thrown back in time to when I was struggling just to survive. I guess the advantage is that I've seen it from both sides, twice.  I know it gets better. 

Thank you so much for your words, begood.  I don't feel strong at the moment, but I'll have to be to get through this.  Covid does mimic benzo withdrawal, that's why it's so traumatizing.  I feel like I've been thrown back in time to when I was struggling just to survive. I guess the advantage is that I've seen it from both sides, twice.  I know it gets better.

But you are stronger than you think. Keep doing what you are doing by posting to others, and other distractions here. I found that when I kept busy with my blog, and threads, I found a stability even when things were bad. BB has been a Godsend for me. Your story will help others. :smitten:

But you are stronger than you think. Keep doing what you are doing by posting to others, and other distractions here. I found that when I kept busy with my blog, and threads, I found a stability even when things were bad. BB has been a Godsend for me. Your story will help others. :smitten:

Me too!  It helps so much.  My family hates it when I'm on BBs.  But I explained to my hubby that when things are this bad, BBs is my comfort zone.  It's the only thing that makes my worst days bearable.  I love to help people and I need friends who understand what this feels like.

Me too!  It helps so much.  My family hates it when I'm on BBs.  But I explained to my hubby that when things are this bad, BBs is my comfort zone.  It's the only thing that makes my worst days bearable.  I love to help people and I need friends who understand what this feels like.

Yes indeed!! :thumbsup: I found that when I help others it has helped me. :)

• 1 month later...
I am so Grateful today to have found BB, and  benzo free two years this Nov 8. Thank you God for giving me the strength to try one more time...

• 2 weeks later...
I just love reading this! I’m so glad you tried again too. Begood you are really a rock to many of us in this struggle. I know personally you’ve had such a beautiful impact on my life. You give back without hesitating. You deserve the healed life you’re living now. Enjoy it to the fullest dear. Love you 😘

I just love reading this! I’m so glad you tried again too. Begood you are really a rock to many of us in this struggle. I know personally you’ve had such a beautiful impact on my life. You give back without hesitating. You deserve the healed life you’re living now. Enjoy it to the fullest dear. Love you 😘

Thanks Lady, you are such a comfort to me and so many here, you are one of the strongest Ladies I know. There is nothing that you cannot do as far as I am concerned. I am grateful to be off, and I learned that healing takes time and we have to let it do its job and not worry, so I walk with my head in the clouds on some days..lol. Love you. 💖 Peace and Healing.💦