Author Topic: The Third 🐢 Charm.  (Read 3311 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Third 🐢 Charm.
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 11:12:02 am »
Congratulations [...]! I have watched your progress and was silently rooting you on each step of the way. You stuck to your mission unwaveringly and now you are free from the benzo ball and chain. That dungeon is now history and its memory will fade with time, as you move on in life never needing to look back.

I’m appalled at the way your ENT doctor accused you of selling your benzos to children!! And he even made sure everyone in the office heard his uncontrolled rant. Behavior like that would scare any child from going near this person…..imagine..calling himself a doctor.

Thank goodness you kept your composure ;D, and without his help safely tapered off these dangerous drugs for good.
Thank you Blue it is so nice to hear that you have been silently walking beside me during my journey off, and yes I am overjoyed to not have to pour, rinse and repeat, you are right I do not have that heavy feeling around my ankle anymore. I am Free!!. He was a horrible person, but even though I felt I had no recourse, my mind was working overtime how to get away from him and I did. One day I calmly asked my Primary Doctor if he would start ordering my Valium and he said that would be OK, but you know what the best thing was...he did not have that knowing look on his face, he was was not judging me. I was blessed with him and so grateful. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

You were very fortunate to have a PD who believed in you. I just don't understand how some of these doctors think people are wanting to stay on these awful meds.

I also wonder how many of them......dare I say....are addicted to benzodiazepines. I'm sure there are some out there...and it's has nothing to do with addiction. They are wearing that ball and chain that as we know is difficult, but possible, to remove.

We understand, after our horrible experience....benzos have nothing to do with addiction. Some may take them recreationally....but for how long?? UNTIL one day by surprise, they wake up and see they are trapped in that awful, damp dungeon. Does the beaver live in this dungeon? You can reply back on the beaver if you want....who is the beaver? ;D
:smitten: :thumbsup:    :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 11:25:56 am »
Congrats [...],
I admire your strength and courage, and your strong belief in healing. I sometimes let the doubts in, but I am getting better and not believing the doubts. Maybe that's healing, even though I am still tapering. I am so happy po you. You are an inspiration!  :smitten: :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 02:11:54 pm »
Congrats [...],
I admire your strength and courage, and your strong belief in healing. I sometimes let the doubts in, but I am getting better and not believing the doubts. Maybe that's healing, even though I am still tapering. I am so happy po you. You are an inspiration!  :smitten: :smitten:
Thank you for such a lovely post, as far as I am concerned you have much strength and courage, I follow your posts and know first hand that you are much stronger than you think. We must have Hope of Healing and yes I do believe we Heal, but the caveat is that for each one of us...it takes as long as it takes, so we just do the best we can in the meantime. One day I will be reading your Celebration post. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 06:12:20 am »
Dear [...], 
Congratulations on your November 8th, '19 walk off!!  Your story holds special hope, because like you - I was diagnosed with Meniere's and put on Clonazepam.  (It turned out to be Lyme).  Like you, I was on the floor with vertigo so awful I could not even sit up.   And, like you, my first two tapers were horrendous and failed.  I am going to succeed this time!   I love it that you claimed victory before you finished your taper!  In spite of being shamed and bullied by your doctor.   Your strong belief in healing, is an inspiration, and I am letting it in!    :smitten:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 06:18:04 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 11:10:33 am »
Dear [...], 
Congratulations on your November 8th, '19 walk off!!  Your story holds special hope, because like you - I was diagnosed with Meniere's and put on Clonazepam.  (It turned out to be Lyme).  Like you, I was on the floor with vertigo so awful I could not even sit up.   And, like you, my first two tapers were horrendous and failed.  I am going to succeed this time!   I love it that you claimed victory before you finished your taper!  In spite of being shamed and bullied by your doctor.   Your strong belief in healing, is an inspiration, and I am letting it in!    :smitten:
Thanks [...], yes we must always hold on to Hope, without it...it can be very dark indeed. Oh the mistakes that happens in the Medical field that can cause such problems. I know that having Lyme had to be hard to deal with, but we do what we can to survive. Yes I had to believe that this third taper would be the charm, and I embraced that all the way down to 0, I will say that it is so true that what we think makes a lot of difference in how we accept things in life. I chose to not give in to negative thinking and so Grateful it worked for me. I know it is going to work for you, once we Accept...anything is possible. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 04:53:04 am »
[...],

I am so happy for your success.  You have been and continue to be an inspiration to so many, including myself.  It us because of you that I began hoarding pills as my dosage decreased.  Turns out it was a good thing.   My PCP quit her practice in July.  Her NP was concerned about my being on Ativan.  When I told her I was doing a symptom based taper she was fine with it.

I had my first visit with a new PCP on the 20th.  She said I must immediately stop Ativan, she would switch me to Wellbutrin or Paxil.  She said I was not capable of managing a taper myself, nor was liquifying my pill a method that would work. (I'm an RN.) When I refused to switch to another med she walked out of the room and didn't come back. 

It is due to your suggestion that I have enough tablets left to continue and finish my taper.  Thank you and congratulations.  You never gave up and now you have your life back. [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 07:07:44 am »
[...],

I am so happy for your success.  You have been and continue to be an inspiration to so many, including myself.  It us because of you that I began hoarding pills as my dosage decreased.  Turns out it was a good thing.   My PCP quit her practice in July.  Her NP was concerned about my being on Ativan.  When I told her I was doing a symptom based taper she was fine with it.

I had my first visit with a new PCP on the 20th.  She said I must immediately stop Ativan, she would switch me to Wellbutrin or Paxil.  She said I was not capable of managing a taper myself, nor was liquifying my pill a method that would work. (I'm an RN.) When I refused to switch to another med she walked out of the room and didn't come back. 

It is due to your suggestion that I have enough tablets left to continue and finish my taper.  Thank you and congratulations.  You never gave up and now you have your life back. [...]

[...] I too am grateful that I kept a "stash" of Ambien.

Not long after being cold turkey'ed off both Ambien and Ativan, in a VA Inpatient setting, I realized I needed to safely taper these drugs.

I never did stop Ambien...since I had a "stash" from all the Inpatient visits that were directly linked to my reacting to these dangerous drugs.

The VA stopped filling both those drugs abruptly. Thank goodness I had enough Ambien to safely do a taper, once I realized the drugs had been my problem all along. The VA should never have c/t'ed me. Very dangerous what they did.

Fortunately, I had a doctor outside the VA system who agreed to prescribe a benzo, so I could then reinstate, and then safely taper off it.

Eventually I realized that the Ambien that came through my new pharmacist, was of a different strength/quality than that from the VA source. Fortunately, I had enough Ambien stashed from the VA, to taper off of Ambien. It took me around six months to taper...so was I ever glad to have that extra Ambien.

It is important that people never throw out any whole/or remnant of a medication that they are dependent on. I had no clue how important the Ambien stash would turn out....and I'm so thankful that I kept the surplus.

The difference between the two different companies was significant as regards the potency/quality of Ambien. I would have never known this(not all meds are equal) had I not gone through this experience.

You are very fortunate that you read [...]'s post!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 11:31:10 am »
[...],

Thanks [...], it is so good to read that what I post is helping others. One of the reasons for trying one more taper...I was afraid of the very thing you and others have gone through, getting jerked off of their medication, and I knew that if my first two tapers were so bad, the third would surely do me in. I was lucky that I had been saving for a while, in all honesty it felt better than having a million dollars in the bank. I guess what I experienced with my ENT, I could see the writing on the wall. As harsh as that Doctor was walking out on you was a very childish thing to do, so sad what we have to endure....but you have an ace in the hole and you will be OK. Giving up is never an option...only if to reorganize our taper and start anew. We are a lot stronger than a  &[...];:D benzo, you got this. Do as you can when you can, and know that this too will pass. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2020, 05:40:16 pm »
[...],

[...] I too am grateful that I kept a "stash" of Ambien.

Not long after being cold turkey'ed off both Ambien and Ativan, in a VA Inpatient setting, I realized I needed to safely taper these drugs.

I never did stop Ambien...since I had a "stash" from all the Inpatient visits that were directly linked to my reacting to these dangerous drugs.

The VA stopped filling both those drugs abruptly. Thank goodness I had enough Ambien to safely do a taper, once I realized the drugs had been my problem all along. The VA should never have c/t'ed me. Very dangerous what they did.

Fortunately, I had a doctor outside the VA system who agreed to prescribe a benzo, so I could then reinstate, and then safely taper off it.

Eventually I realized that the Ambien that came through my new pharmacist, was of a different strength/quality than that from the VA source. Fortunately, I had enough Ambien stashed from the VA, to taper off of Ambien. It took me around six months to taper...so was I ever glad to have that extra Ambien.

It is important that people never throw out any whole/or remnant of a medication that they are dependent on. I had no clue how important the Ambien stash would turn out....and I'm so thankful that I kept the surplus.

The difference between the two different companies was significant as regards the potency/quality of Ambien. I would have never known this(not all meds are equal) had I not gone through this experience.

You are very fortunate that you read [...]'s post!!

[...],

You were fortunate too.  Congratulations on having the foresight to keep your pills.  A young friend was recently told abruptly by his doctor he had to quickly get off 2 years of daily ativan.  He was tapered in two weeks by this dr.  That was three months ago and he is suffering so much.  I have been counseling him by phone and told him what he is experiencing is normal benzo withdrawal.  He does not understand how doctors can cause so much harm and get away with it.

Congratulations for tapering off two bad drugs. That took some courage. [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2020, 02:25:18 pm »
Way to [...] [...]! My sister has been dealing with Meniere's for almost a decade. It is such a debilitating disease and it breaks my heart to see her suffer from it most days of her life.  Just horrible!  I am so thankful she did not experience withdrawal when she stopped taking Valium after  long term use.  But she suffers so badly with Meniere's she has such a poor quality of life.  She does the best she can when she can.  Luckily she can work from home 2 days a week, as some days she is so dizzy she can not even drive her car to work.  She has missed a lot of work because she can't even look at her computer, she has to rest her head and lay down.  I feel for all you that suffer with Meniere's and vertigo. I had 2 bad days of vertigo about 3 weeks ago and it was awful.  Couldn't stop throwing up!  [...], I wish you all the best as you continue to travel on the road to recovery.  You are always so positive and I too love looking at your positive words to lighten our day.  Thank you! ❤
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:42:47 pm by [Buddie] »