Author Topic: The Third 🐢 Charm.  (Read 3313 times)

[Buddie]

The Third 🐢 Charm.
« on: February 17, 2020, 05:10:43 pm »
I Walked Off of a long time Valium taper on Nov 8, 2019, and now ready to write a celebration post. I was put on Valium 5mg twice a day for Bil Meniere's disease, and at first it did help a little, but it was a very short time, I reminded dizzy. I really did not think I would try another time to get off, after two horrific tapers to 0, my body would not accept, I was near having a stroke twice, and twice I was told that it would be better for me to stay on the Valium, as I was going to have a crippling stroke...I tried so hard to do each day each time I got to 0, but I was not able to do it, not just because of the impending threats of a stroke, but the non stop falling on the floor, not being able to hold my head up, it felt like it was wrapped around my neck and tied in the back, horrible feelings and not being one with reality and all that we all suffer and too much to post, as I am sure you have felt them too.

So I reinstated twice at different dosages and was just glad that I was not in hell anymore...but then I started thinking that what "if" they stopped ordering my Valium, I was already having problems with my ENT Doctor about the Valium, him thinking I was a druggie and selling it, I have no idea where he got this, and what made it so bad, he was the one that ordered it for me. The final blow, was when you shouted in the Office that if I lost this script there would be no more, and that I was selling it to kids and yes the desk and waiting room could hear him...I was beyond furious...but knew I had to suck up his atrocious behavior...I needed that script or so I thought. So my life changed that day...I came back home and stewed for a long while and thought I can not let him control a taper again for me, it almost took me to hell and back, so what was I to do...Well I needed to make a plan and I did.

I never took more than prescribed and I really did feel OK while on them, they just was not helping the reason I went on them...so knowing that I could not stand a third Doctor taper, I decided long and hard, that I was going to have to do this my way. I did dry cuts and had not found BB, but I already knew that going too fast was not an option or even a normal pace, I was going to have to find what was best for me...and I did thank goodness. So I was cutting 0.25mg at once and then holding for 2 months, and wow at first it was so hard, but still not as hard as when I was doing it before, but I kept at it...until I realized that I had to tweak it. So I cut my amt I tapered to a lower percentage and that seemed to work better for me, trust me I had sx, but I called them blimps because there was no comparison to the first two tapers. One day I was looking up Valium on the internet and found BB, and that was on June 1, 1915, I was so glad to find a group people that knew what I had been through. It took a while for me to settle in and find my way, but I did after a bit and started a blog and plog, and various Music Threads and My Word thread, I wanted to give back to those here suffering so much, I knew the feeling so well. I tried to fit in, but it was hard, I just did not know many, so starting My Blog was the best and my plog, because I could help others, and I have been blessed to have met so many great buddies that are now Friends, many have walked off and doing well. So for me distraction was key, "Accepting" that I would have some rough times, "Patience" and "Time" were biggies too, and just understanding that healing was a "Process" and it was going to take as long as it took to get off.

I found that if I took my time and did my long holds I was able to function fairly well and those times that I did not feel as good, I just went with them and they got better, time was my friend for sure. I also decided to not ever [...] back to that ENT Doctor, I was blessed with a Doctor that was OK with me tapering at my speed, in fact said it was OK to stay on too, so I was able to store many Valium pills, and not worry about being around a Doctor that was so unprofessional. Finally I started a liquid taper and it went well after a week of nausea, so I took a week off from the lig taper and then restarted and never had any problems going forward, and I also started holding just for a month, my body wanted less holding. I also started talking to My Brain...I know that sounds weird, but it seemed to work, I knew that the Brain can heal, and I knew when I had the odd [...] sx's that the area in my Brain was trying to heal, we became great buddies and it took away any doubts that I could do this. We all have to find what works for us, can everyone find a Doctor like I have, no, can you hoard pills, and take all the time in the world to get off no, but for me that is how I did it. Was it hard, at times, but more blippy than bad, I knew bad, and it was nothing like before. I am so happy to be off, and I feel better, and just clearer in my thinking and such, I do have some little tiny things that crop up, but when they do I know that it is the Brain fine tuning and that it is getting me close to being 100% healed. I would not [...] back and do anything different this third taper, not all. I knew from the get [...] that I would never taper again, this was going to be my last one, and for all intents and purposes I am doing well. Thre is more to life than these blasted  &[...];:D benzo's and I am glad that I did it my way and it has worked for me. Never once did I feel like I should rush, or anything other than my slow turtle taper. I am so Grateful for BB and all here that make it a safe place to post and support us. I do not regret a thing about my third taper and how I did it, I did not allow Valium to define me, I just did the best I could each minute of the day and accepted that It would take time.... 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: The Third 🐢 Charm.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 05:18:04 pm »
So happy for you!  I wish I had this option but unfortunately I m stuck where I m.  You have worked so hard and did so well with what you had been given.  Congratulations!

B✌️🙏💜💪
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 06:41:04 pm »
Congratulations dear [...] 🙏🏻❤️

Iím so happy you found your way off this drug, in the way that worked for you.  Itís wonderful to see you Benzo free!  I remember when I joined and seeing your ticker [...] down every 40 days - 30 days holding, 10 days tapering.  [...]ís method!  And a successful one!  So glad you decided to do it your way.  Big congratulations for your new benzo free life, my friend.  Hereís to the rest of your life being more beautiful than ever. 

Youíre such a loving person and a wonderful presence on BB.  I am forever grateful for accepting me into your village and for encouraging me along the way to my own freedom. 

Big hugs 🤗 , Best Wishes and lots of Love,

❤️[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 07:39:47 pm »
Thank you so much for your story of healing.  Your positive inspirational thread has lifted me up many times.  You have lifted my day up once again.  Thanks [...]. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 08:22:04 pm »
Congratulations [...]! I have watched your progress and was silently rooting you on each step of the way. You stuck to your mission unwaveringly and now you are free from the benzo ball and chain. That dungeon is now history and its memory will fade with time, as you move on in life never needing to look back.

Iím appalled at the way your ENT doctor accused you of selling your benzos to children!! And he even made sure everyone in the office heard his uncontrolled rant. Behavior like that would scare any child from going near this personÖ..imagine..calling himself a doctor.

Thank goodness you kept your composure ;D, and without his help safely tapered off these dangerous drugs for good.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 10:51:19 pm »
So happy for you!  I wish I had this option but unfortunately I m stuck where I m.  You have worked so hard and did so well with what you had been given.  Congratulations!

B✌️🙏💜💪
Thanks B, I wish everyone suffering had better options too. You may be stuck right now, but not forever. I will be here for you and one day you will write your celebration post too. I believe in you and your strength always. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 11:00:17 pm »
Congratulations dear [...] 🙏🏻❤️

Iím so happy you found your way off this drug, in the way that worked for you.  Itís wonderful to see you Benzo free!  I remember when I joined and seeing your ticker [...] down every 40 days - 30 days holding, 10 days tapering.  [...]ís method!  And a successful one!  So glad you decided to do it your way.  Big congratulations for your new benzo free life, my friend.  Hereís to the rest of your life being more beautiful than ever. 

Youíre such a loving person and a wonderful presence on BB.  I am forever grateful for accepting me into your village and for encouraging me along the way to my own freedom. 

Big hugs 🤗 , Best Wishes and lots of Love,

❤️[...]
Thanks [...], I learned a big lesson, that each one of us has to find their own way...we can get advice and that helps, but we ultimately have to find what the best fit for us. Oh I will never forget my quirky taper plan, but thank God it got me off at 0. Thanks  you are a very special [...], you give so much warmth and comfort to all you meet. Thanks for being Our [...] always. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 11:07:10 pm »
Thank you so much for your story of healing.  Your positive inspirational thread has lifted me up many times.  You have lifted my day up once again.  Thanks [...].
Thanks for your kind words, I am so happy that you read my Word thread. I do not post much other than on my blog, but I try to give back to BB with that thread. Stay Strong and never give up your fight for what you want, sometimes it takes longer to heal, but I believe we will in time. Our Brain is geared to rebuild and heal. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 11:15:52 pm »
Congratulations [...]! I have watched your progress and was silently rooting you on each step of the way. You stuck to your mission unwaveringly and now you are free from the benzo ball and chain. That dungeon is now history and its memory will fade with time, as you move on in life never needing to look back.

Iím appalled at the way your ENT doctor accused you of selling your benzos to children!! And he even made sure everyone in the office heard his uncontrolled rant. Behavior like that would scare any child from going near this personÖ..imagine..calling himself a doctor.

Thank goodness you kept your composure ;D, and without his help safely tapered off these dangerous drugs for good.
Thank you Blue it is so nice to hear that you have been silently walking beside me during my journey off, and yes I am overjoyed to not have to pour, rinse and repeat, you are right I do not have that heavy feeling around my ankle anymore. I am Free!!. He was a horrible person, but even though I felt I had no recourse, my mind was working overtime how to get away from him and I did. One day I calmly asked my Primary Doctor if he would start ordering my Valium and he said that would be OK, but you know what the best thing was...he did not have that knowing look on his face, he was was not judging me. I was blessed with him and so grateful. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 01:13:36 am »

Thank you Blue it is so nice to hear that you have been silently walking beside me during my journey off, and yes I am overjoyed to not have to pour, rinse and repeat, you are right I do not have that heavy feeling around my ankle anymore. I am Free!!. He was a horrible person, but even though I felt I had no recourse, my mind was working overtime how to get away from him and I did. One day I calmly asked my Primary Doctor if he would start ordering my Valium and he said that would be OK, but you know what the best thing was...he did not have that knowing look on his face, he was was not judging me. I was blessed with him and so grateful. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

You were very fortunate to have a PD who believed in you. I just don't understand how some of these doctors think people are wanting to stay on these awful meds.

I also wonder how many of them......dare I say....are addicted to benzodiazepines. I'm sure there are some out there...and it's has nothing to do with addiction. They are wearing that ball and chain that as we know is difficult, but possible, to remove.

We understand, after our horrible experience....benzos have nothing to do with addiction. Some may take them recreationally....but for how long?? UNTIL one day by surprise, they wake up and see they are trapped in that awful, damp dungeon. Does the beaver live in this dungeon? You can reply back on the beaver if you want....who is the beaver? ;D