Need help with Ativan direct taper nearing end.

[Bi...]

Hi everyone. I'm at .625mg lorazepam after long term usage. Figured out that all my crazy symptoms were benzo withdrawal after finding out about Jordan Peterson's experience. After learning about benzo withdrawal decided to slow down. Thank God. I'm having difficult withdrawal symptoms, but I feel excellent because I have long windows and I am getting my life back after years of feeling "drunk, slow and stupid, with impaired memory." Everything is coming back!

I am now taking .25mg at 6AM, .125mg at 2PM and then .25mg at 10pm. Here is my question...

As the next drop in doseage, can I discontinue the .125mg dosed at 2PM?

I would then go to .25mg at 6:00 am and .25mg at 6:00 pm.

Or is this too fast?

No, that sounds about right. Get rid of the late night dose!

Maybe a moderator can move your post to a different section so.more people can see it and respond.

Your story similar to mine, people on here were very helpful.

I feel if you're experiencing windows you body is telling you it's probably okay to reduce again, this is what it's all about, listening to the cues we're given. 

As for the amount you drop, have your previous dose reductions been this size?

Perhaps you could add this information to your signature so others can see how you've managed it so far.

I feel if you're experiencing windows you body is telling you it's probably okay to reduce again, this is what it's all about, listening to the cues we're given. 

As for the amount you drop, have your previous dose reductions been this size?

Perhaps you could add this information to your signature so others can see how you've managed it so far.

Thank you @Paymaster. That is very encouraging! I did not record my dose reductions prior to hitting 1mg a day (down from a high of 4mg per day in 2018). I did taper, but it was fast. I was experiencing withdrawal symptoms but I didn’t know what was happening to me. When I figured it out  I held at 1mg since last September I until I found a benzo aware doctor to help me.

The first reduction post 1mg was a drop of .125 two weeks ago. I feel like I’m ready to drop down again.

Thanks for your help!

So glad you're doing this your way, too many people get hung up on schedules.  I look forward to hearing how this next reduction treats you, remember you can always slow down by making smaller cuts and holding longer.  I loved your other post by the way where you said you weren't feeling "drunk, slow and stupid, with impaired memory", I hope you're still feeling that way.  :)

@Pamster Yes! I still have waves and windows. But the windows are often filled with intense clarity, joy and awe. At these moments I have an intense awareness of my surroundings, and I am extremely grateful. These are the moments that I hold onto. The waves can include distraction, and some lightheadedness, but they always pass. My brain comes back online and I am well. Even while in the waves, I am no longer drunk, slow and stupid. I'm doing so much better!