Una Corbett of BatAid has died.

[Aj...]

Someone on Twitter just posted that Ina who ran Battle Against Tranquillisers in the U.K. has died.

Very sad. She was always helpful when I spoke to her.

Can you give us the Twitter message? I can't seem to find it on Una. If it is indeed true, I'm so sorry. She helped a lot of people. Although I never spoke with her, I can only imagine the stress of running a helpline would be high. She did a very valuable service!!

I see an announcement on Twitter by someone who says she’s a close friend.  Sonia Milsom.

Also at Battle Against Tranquillisers  @BattleTranx

She was there for a lot of people especially a lot of protracted people.  I reached out a year back or so to try and get a hold of her but I was unable to find her.  This is a really sad day for the benzo community.  It's on the level with Dr. Ashton's passing. 

• 1 month later...
How  selfless of her to keep helping others whilst ill herself - I used to phone her every evening up to a few months before her passing when I could no longer reach her for lack of phone contact, and never once did she complain or mention she was ill herself. It's reassuring to know  there are still such caring self sacrificing people out there for us. God rest her soul.  :angel:

• 2 weeks later...

How terrible.

Does anyone know what she died from?

She was in her 80 s and had been ill for some time.

I had no idea she was that old.  I had never dealt with her but had contemplated it several times. I had researched her to some extent and had an impression that she was in her 50s or early 60s for some reason.

I know a lot of people thought very highly of her and she seems to have helped many.

In the end, that's about the best that can be said of us after we're gone.  Rest in peace.

• 6 months later...

I just found out about this in the last few days.

Very sad news.

I was lucky enough to have met her in person about 3 times, and I spoke to her on the phone about 4 or 5 times, and she was always very helpful

and encouraged me to keep going, and always told me that eventually everyone recovers, and that I will too.

She was a great woman, who helped many people, and she will be missed by me, and countless others too.