Coming up on 16yrs free.............

[tl...]

.......from alprazolam/xanax.

Took my last 4/2004. Slow taper down from 4mg/day. Took about a year to do it.

I have no special message, or story about it.

Just extremely grateful for what I'm allowed, which includes this day at 61 years of life to post here about it.

All the very best to those working on being free from whatever they are struggling with.

We're glad you stopped by and it's great to hear your gratitude, I feel this as well.  :smitten:

Thank you......

Perhaps some of the most extraordinary things I've experienced over the decades is how much emotions color judgement.

And how truly liberating it is when one chooses to own their decisions in whole.

Life's experience truly tempers it all.

Wonderful news and a great attitude, thanks for sharing this.

I suggested to you that it would be hope inspiring for our members if you would write a Success Story. Since you indicated that yes, you were healed, I'll move this thread to the Success Story Board.

Thanks again and enjoy your life.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I suggested to you that it would be hope inspiring for our members if you would write a Success Story. Since you indicated that yes, you were healed, I'll move this thread to the Success Story Board.

Well.....ok...thank you

Well.....ok...thank you

Yes......I'm giving it careful thought.

Mainly because on one hand because you all have been gracious enough so far to let me express some things.

Part of that is my selfish cathartic indulgence. Although, it isn't entirely all of that....obviously some of it is. These days I'm constantly self-evaluating, self-reflecting. For me, it has helped many parts of my life. Again, I thank all for allowing me to post. I do appreciate it.

I'm a person of many flaws. But yet life has been good to me. Much, much better than I deserve. I truly believe a higher power looks over all of us. Somethings defy our understanding. A totally different subject............

On the other hand, the experience of protracted withdrawal is seared into my memory. Pain is a major distraction.

I always want to be respectful of those that are going through recovery.

Although I don't want to espouse insincere sounding platitudes, neither do I want to appear callous and un-empathetic.

Being the type that speaks my mind and calls things as I see them. I always have to be careful what I say....and so I am.

You all have been very gracious.

Again....thank you. I'm giving careful thought to what I say.

I do feel for those in early recovery. I have been there. Every step forward from strength to strength, no matter how slight or how far means everything.

........I suggested to you that it would be hope inspiring for our members if you would write a Success Story.......

Well.....ok...thank you

I'll do it in sections.....is that possible?

........I suggested to you that it would be hope inspiring for our members if you would write a Success Story.......

Well.....ok...thank you

I'll do it in sections.....is that possible?

Of course, do what is most comfortable for you, this is your story.

you seem well balanced and wise, as a 60 WM I am interested to hear your story. I am writing my one year as it will be here in less than a month. I would never thought I would be here...love to year your story...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

I think it is always useful for those who are in extreme suffering for people to speak about the symptoms they had and how they went away.