Anyone hit a wall with their taper?

[rd...]

I’ve been stuck at .375mg for nearly two months and I don’t seem to be stabilizing. In fact I seem to feel worse everyday. Anyone ever hit a wall like this?

I don’t personally have experience with this, but I have seen others post about it. I’ve seen some report that starting to taper again helped.

Yes.  I did a rapid taper and am currently stuck at 37% of my former, total dosage.  I was told on the board that I probably tapered too fast; therefore, I should stay at the current dosage until side effects dissipate.  I was also advised that it can take years to end my dependence, so about the only thing I can offer you at this point is that when it comes to Benzos, patience seems to be a cherished virtue.  I will try tapering again...not starting today or next week, but as soon as I recover from my last reduction in dosage.  Wishing you the best!

Yes, I feel like I hit walls all the time. Last year at this time I thought I was close to jumping. Then suddenly I had to updose. I was on xanax for 2 years when I decided to quit. I thought I would be done in 6 months. Now it's been a year and 6 months. I have 110 more days, if there are no holds. Which there will be.

Yes, I feel like I hit walls all the time. Last year at this time I thought I was close to jumping. Then suddenly I had to updose. I was on xanax for 2 years when I decided to quit. I thought I would be done in 6 months. Now it's been a year and 6 months. I have 110 more days, if there are no holds. Which there will be.

It’s really comforting to hear this. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I'm at a wall now. I have been tapering every few weeks and I'm at 1 mg valium a day. I thought I could stop tomorrow but I don't know if that's possible. Maybe just try to muscle through? Maybe cut the 1mg in half and go a few more weeks? I don't feel like the side effects ever subside enough to taper more.

I’m new. Hit a wall. Last reduction of Klonopin was a 4% reduction on12-19-19.  Severe depression and exhaustion.  Crying a lot.  Holding for now

Hi mom2mkid.

Can you tell us a little more about your taper? Where you started, where you are now? What sort of cuts you’ve been doing?

Challis

Rdandy,

I’m at .125 clonazepam once daily.  I’ve noticed that if I cut a bit, I feel better.  Everyone is different.  I refuse to updose, and prevent that by making small cuts.  Holding a month until symptoms level out.  Some cuts don’t level out as easy as others.  I accept that.  If I feel somewhat better and it’s been a month to 6 weeks, I cut again.  I can’t go faster than that.  If I were to feel worse, I’d guess it’s tolerance wd.  That’s another cue to cut a bit.  Because I’d know the dose isn’t effective and updosing isn’t my goal.  It has taken 6 months to get from .25 to .125.  Maybe reframe you’re thinking from ‘I’m stuck’ to ‘I’m healing, it takes time’.  You can get there. 

Take your time on the way down.  You haven’t gone back up, so you are doing well.

One thing that helped me was to move to every other day.  Just pick a day and see if you can go without or with an even smaller cut.  Just for a day...  i think it helped me break through the wall.

• 2 months later...

Challis99,

Started with xanax in 1997.  Different doses throughout the years, but was told I would always need it.  Was CT taken off xanax in 2013 in a hospital and put on 4mg Klonopin -- much worse drug than xanax.  Meanwhile they have polydrugged me for years.  Pulled off one drug, put on another, adding, taking away... awful.  Suffered every time.  I am done.  I am pretty stupid to put up with this this long.  So, at different times and in different combos, they have had me on:  xanac, klonopin, celexa, trintellix, lexapro, effexor, prozac, trazodone, ablify, wellbutrin, ritalin, seroquel, latuda, pristiq, ambien, paxil, zoloft, vistaril, vyvanse, lamictal, cogentin, rexulti and more.  Those are the ones I can remember. 

So, started to taper around March 2017.  I did not know what I was doing.  Reduced K by 25% and lexapro by 50%.  Wasn't so bad.  But multiple tragedies hitting my family since 2015.  Have had to hold taper and study tapering as well at various times. 

So, at this time -- I take 0.080g of K in the AM with 10mg lexapro.  0.150g K with claritin in PM.  Someone said that is about 2.7mg K.  Not sure.  I am overinformed and overwhelmed.  Cannot read much anymore.  Have so many problems to deal with besides my WD. 

Need to get off already so I can actually live and be of benefit to family members who really need me.  Especially a son who has been severely abused and really messed up by our awful mental health (mental and physical torture) system.