Switching from Clonazepam to Diazepam is like taking nothing?

[wa...]

What was your original dose of Clonazepam?  What times of the day are you dosing?  How often did you dose the Clonazepam and what are you feeling in the way of symptoms?  When did you add the Nitrazepam?

Started using Benzos Daily 7 Years roughly. For the last 2 years, I've been using more than the previous Daily use of amounts 1MG Clonazepam and 10MG Nitrazepam current sleep med Daily.

I tried lowering my dose to 3MG Clonazepam and 20MG Diazpam plus the 10MG Nitrazepam instead of 3.5MG Clonazepam, 10MG Diazepam, and 10MG Nitrazepam.

What symptoms am I NOT HAVING is the question. My nose has snot running from it like a faucet, EXTREMELY high anxiety, extremely agitated and angry, etc. etc. etc.

I got my Inhalers making literally EVERY Symptom of my Withdrawal way worse.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235164.msg3040258#msg3040258

Someone mentioned an Article which states.

[b I refuse to cold-turkey from this high of a dose. I can't even lower my Dose Due to the fact I can't go a single Day without the fing use of Inhalers that let me breathe!? [/b]

edit: content

[b I refuse to cold-turkey from this high of a dose. I can't even lower my Dose Due to the fact I can't go a single Day without the fing use of Inhalers that let me breathe!? [/b]

edit: content

Why do you think you have to stop cold turkey? I see that the inhaler you use is causing you some issues. What do you use the inhaler for?  Is it possible to see your doctor for an alternate medication?

I read some of your others posts, many people have given you good information about tapering extremely slowly.  It's possible you need to stay on your dose and stabilize for a while. During this time it would be good to see about an alternative inhaler medication.

The one thing to remember is this is not hopeless. There are others with underlying health conditions, some of them quite serious, who have tapered successfully off benzos. A cold turkey is not necessary, there are ways to do this.

I know you are frustrated and likely scared but it's important to reach out for help if you feel despondent.  i'll give you some resources, your wellbeing is very important. Keep posting, we're here for you.

Self Harm Resources

pianogirl

How long should it take for the Diazepam metabolites to build up fully... I think I remember reading it takes 5 to 14 Days. Is it possible I require replacing 0.5MG Clonazpam with more than 10MG Diazepam?

I appreciate everyone that has given me good advice. My Dr. thinks I'm not actually trying to wean down or that who knows what he's thinking but basically he says he "wants to see at least some progress in lowering your dose" I'm just worried one day he is going to say "that's it your going down at X rat per week" basically it's classic Benzo withdrawal anxiety, paranoia making me worried about the "possibility" of having to cold-turkey.

Not to mention the lack of sleep is getting to me badly!

Fear is such a huge symptom, I can see it's working you over pretty good.  How are you feeling on the diazepam, can you tell us again what your doses are? 

I'm currently trying to use 3MG Clonazepam, 20MG Diazepam, and 10MG Nitrazepam. Does anyone know if 5-14 Days for the "long-acting" metabolites to Fully build up in effect is correct?

I'd be Posting more detailed information but it's basically impossible to think right now about well anything at all.

The symptoms are diarrhea a slightly runny nose and increased anxiety and muscle twitches etc. plus insomnia but luckily I got GABAPentin and other Medication to help Me at least get a few hours of sleep here and there.

I'm basically nearly positive most of my symptoms are exasperated by my Inhaler since the Days I don't use I feel less severe in the symptoms specifically the muscle twitches or spasms and anxiety. The problem is I can't Vape any Weed and Edibles don't seem to work at reasonably priced doses.

Strains like one specific name would be "Strawberry Cough" which is well known to help with anxiety and it REALLY does help my anxiety. I hope this Post makes sense my brain is jumbled or ugh it's hard to describe I just can't post properly or think clearly.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been more than 3 weeks roughly, I now have tinnitus as a symptom now too. It feels like I literally just cut down on my dose but I simply switched 0.5MG of Clonazepam for 10MG Diazepam.

Is this normal to be feeling like this for this long after switching between 2 different Benzos if so how long should I expect to feel like this? 

No, I didn't notice any sedation but I think I can feel a bit of a muscle-relaxing effect, but I'm not sure. It could just be placebo but I don't feel as tense and I'm prescribed muscle relaxers for pain.

Are you still taking the Nitrazepam?  Are you planning to fully cross over to the Valium from the Clonazepam?

Professor Ashton fully crossed her patients over to Valium in a few weeks time depending on the dose, why are you waiting so long between adding Valium and subtracting the Clonazepam?