4 years

[Tr...]

I was bedridden until month 28. But then I refused. Otherwise, I would spend the rest of my life in bed.

A few short moments when I can laugh, but otherwise a constant hellish wave. But I can only wait, and try to activate myself. But it is mostly TV and Internet. But one day at a time.  :)

Hi Translator, this doesn't feel like much of a celebration to me, but 4 years away from this drug is better than 3,2 or 1... I guess.  :(

I will celebrate the fact that you've been able to laugh, this is something I hope when it happens can help lift your spirits if just for a moment.  :therethere:

Yes, I had to get out there and exercise, too, Translator. There are ups and downs (when to keep going? When to stop?), but I didn't want to remain in poor health as so many doctors and nurses have thought I was.

Onward and upward, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Translator, even though things aren't still great after 4 years, you have a positive attitude, and that is worth everything! Keep fighting the fight with all that you can! Wishing you healing! ❤

4 years benzo free for me too.....Been in this setback for 2 years but at least i have no benzos in my body and haven't had for 4 years.....

Alan

Al, I'm so sorry, that you have felt bad for 4 years.  :hug: And no improvements since 2 years. This sucks.  :tickedoff:

Have you experienced any improvements?

Hi Anna

Some small sleep improvement (from 1-2 hours per night to 5-7)....And a frozen shoulder has finally freed up and is now usable.....Still plagued with dizziness and painful benzo belly that also restricts my breathing...Also, I have a lot of anxiety over the coronavirus......

But how are you, these days?

Alan

p.s. I gave up sweets about 4 years ago and now I never miss them

Al: Always a feeling of a punch in the stomach. And a pressure in my throat. And why pain in my bladder? So many strange symptoms. Maybe stress?

Gave up sweets 4 years ago? You are nominated for an award.  :thumbsup:

Anna,

Please believe me that the craving for sugar eventually passes....I used to be a huge sugar user....Of course, once I am healed I'll have a little bit of ice cream and an occasional cookie, for sure.

So many strange pains that come and go....This coronavirus has definitely raised my anxiety levels..Hopefully that won't slow down healing.

Looking forward to coming back here in a few years to reminisce with the people who are here now..

• 2 months later...

Congratulations translator!!

I think your story IS a success story. It is a huge effort to make it 4 years and to stay away from these meds.

I am also 4 years med free and life feels good so far. Some symptoms left, fatigue is the worst one, but working on that. Or with that. With lots of occasional cookies ;D

:smitten:

Marigold

Hi Anna

Some small sleep improvement (from 1-2 hours per night to 5-7)....And a frozen shoulder has finally freed up and is now usable.....Still plagued with dizziness and painful benzo belly that also restricts my breathing...Also, I have a lot of anxiety over the coronavirus......

But how are you, these days?

Alan

p.s. I gave up sweets about 4 years ago and now I never miss them

Guzzirider,

wow. Sugar is my big enemy. The cookies. You know. Have been told today to stay away from sugar totally. Had to eat a cookie after that. The last one.

>:(

Its great you can use your shoulder now, I have made similar experiences with the body, so much has changed. I hope the other symptoms will get better for you soon..  :smitten:

Marigold

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations translator for make it to 4 years!

I’m 4 years off this month too and basically still mostly on my couch with very bad head symptoms and anxiety, body pain.

We have to keep fighting hopefully we will heal just like most of the people here.

I give up sugar too about 2 years ago completely. Now I don’t miss it all. If I need some sweet I eat apple or blueberry and I’m good.

I would be much better now if my head symptoms would get better.

What is your worst symptoms?

Sending hugs

Vica :smitten:

Congratulations translator for make it to 4 years!

I’m 4 years off this month too and basically still mostly on my couch with very bad head symptoms and anxiety, body pain.

We have to keep fighting hopefully we will heal just like most of the people here.

I give up sugar too about 2 years ago completely. Now I don’t miss it all. If I need some sweet I eat apple or blueberry and I’m good.

I would be much better now if my head symptoms would get better.

What is your worst symptoms?

Sending hugs

Vica :smitten:

Thanks Vica!  :mybuddy:  It's still tough. But I'm grateful, that I've survived these years. Now I want to come back through exercising and breathing exercises. My body is pretty broken down after this inactive life. But one day at a time.  :)