HELP! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WORK OUT MY DOSE CUT USING 2+5mg DIAZEPAM PILL

[no...]

Sorry I got brain fog from hell and can't think or work F.A out properly. I am taking 12.5mg of Diazepam per day ,I take 5mg AM 5mg Afternoon and 2.5mg PM, I was cutting by .5mg but its too much  :D

So I want to cut half that amount which is .25mg, I want to cut it from my afternoon dose which will  then leave me 4.75mg to take instead of 5mg, but can't for the life of me work out how to get 4.75mg using 2mg and 5mg pills. Every-time I try to work it out my brain goes dead and I start panicking :-\ 

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nigella  :hug: your doing a daily micro taper I tried that and it didn't work out well for me at all as  in my personal opinion Scales are no good as they are not accurate and I've got 4 sets and they all weigh differently or change weight with nothing on them so I'd rather use just a pill cutter and my judgement by eye ball as as long as you take the same bits of the same  pill day by day, not bits and pieces of different pills  it works out quite accurate.  :)

The dose will self balance out , as for how often , I cut an hold then cut again with no time scale or dictated by the calendar but go with what my body and mind  can cope with as and when. You can't set your brain against some arbitrary time scale it just doesn't work like that as healing isn't linear but millions of us wish it did    :(

Anyway I've finally managed to work it out but please correct me if I'm wrong anyone that notices or knows  there is an easier way to cut my pills for the correct dose of 4.75mg  than what I have to say next, I'm sure the probably is but can't think properly right now  :idiot:

Anyway the solution I came up with is cut a 5mg pill in half keep the one half whole which=2.5mg , then quarter the other half which =1.25mg, then cut a 2mg pill in half which =1mg, so 3/4 of a 5mg pill =3.75mg plus 1mg of a 2mg pill=1mg so the 3 pieces  -2.5+1.25+1mg=4.75.  What a pain in the arse to be messing about with when your heads in the shed  :D and your body is in hell  >:D...................... :tickedoff:

I suppose a daily liquid micro taper might help. This method feels to be more accurate. Since it allows a steady decline (slope). It's much less work in my opinion and would allow equal dosing throughout the day.

Have you considered trying a DLMT?

Hi Nigella  :hug: your doing a daily micro taper I tried that and it didn't work out well for me at all as  in my personal opinion Scales are no good as they are not accurate and I've got 4 sets and they all weigh differently or change weight with nothing on them so I'd rather use just a pill cutter and my judgement by eye ball as as long as you take the same bits of the same  pill day by day, not bits and pieces of different pills  it works out quite accurate.  :)

The dose will self balance out , as for how often , I cut an hold then cut again with no time scale or dictated by the calendar but go with what my body and mind  can cope with as and when. You can't set your brain against some arbitrary time scale it just doesn't work like that as healing isn't linear but millions of us wish it did    :(

Anyway I've finally managed to work it out but please correct me if I'm wrong anyone that notices or knows  there is an easier way to cut my pills for the correct dose of 4.75mg  than what I have to say next, I'm sure the probably is but can't think properly right now  :idiot:

Anyway the solution I came up with is cut a 5mg pill in half keep the one half whole which=2.5mg , then quarter the other half which =1.25mg, then cut a 2mg pill in half which =1mg, so 3/4 of a 5mg pill =3.75mg plus 1mg of a 2mg pill=1mg so the 3 pieces  -2.5+1.25+1mg=4.75.  What a pain in the arse to be messing about with when your heads in the shed  :D and your body is in hell  >:D...................... :tickedoff:

That's a lot of math you're doing. Keeping your brain in check, I see. I estimated for 4 days that I was cutting 10%. Once my scales came, I felt I had been pretty close with my guessing. Anyhow. Do your scales not have a weight with them to calibrate with?

It seems that as long as you used the same scales and kept checking your calibration that you should be fine. I'm thinking that consistency is key. Or, how about you "eyeball" it and confirm with your scales? It's not going to be exact either way because the amount of drug is not consistent throughout the pill.

As far as I can tell, your math is right.  If you enjoy the challenge of figuring the math periodically...go for it. I like cutting daily...makes me feel productive. To each their own if it works for you. :)

I suppose a daily liquid micro taper might help. This method feels to be more accurate. Since it allows a steady decline (slope). It's much less work in my opinion and would allow equal dosing throughout the day.

Have you considered trying a DLMT?

Yep tried it and it was hell and in 17 months I cut less than 1/8 of an mg

Nova xxx :smitten: