8 months off and finally seeing real progress

[Ze...]

I took 1MG Ativan/Lorazepam for 5 months 1 to 3 times a week and at month 6 I took it once a day.

By the end of month 6 I quickly hit tolerance, tried to CT, and did a 2 week rapid taper under my psychs orders. I did not know about the Ashton manual at the time.

I had generic symptoms for the first 5 months. By a month off the insomnia ended but brain fog, depersonalization, muscle spasms, and TMJ remained.

At the end of month 2 tinnitus happened during a flare up, this was loud and soul crushing.

At the end of month 5 all non tinnitus/TMJ symptoms has mostly ceased besides rare muscle spasms when I tried to sleep. Tinnitus grew (barely) tolerable at this point.

Another hearing issues appeared here, dulled hearing and a sense of numbness in my left ear.

At month 6 tinnitus was 99% gone from my left ear and the dulled hearing was less bad.

Recently at month 8 now I had a long window with no dulled hearing in my left ear and windows at long as a full day of no tinnitus except when I sleep.

I think I'm close to healed and confident even my bedtime tinnitus will go away eventually as it has dropped in volume and intensity a ton.

I just hope the dulled hearing/numb left thing stops coming and going, it's very weird. But a lot better at 8 months off.

Zenzetta

What a great story! I too suffer from tinnitus along with other psychological and physical symptoms. I know how debilitating this can be.

I went through a decent windows but now am going through a bad wave. What a challenge life when going through withdrawal.

Your story gives me hope.

SG

Zenzetta

What a great story! I too suffer from tinnitus along with other psychological and physical symptoms. I know how debilitating this can be.

I went through a decent windows but now am going through a bad wave. What a challenge life when going through withdrawal.

Your story gives me hope.

SG

I wish you luck in your recovery too.

Congratulations. Do you still have your TMJ?

Rare short fits, so rare I hardly notice it. I'm confident it'll be 100% gone soon, but for now 99% gone.

I took 1MG Ativan/Lorazepam for 5 months 1 to 3 times a week and at month 6 I took it once a day.

By the end of month 6 I quickly hit tolerance, tried to CT, and did a 2 week rapid taper under my psychs orders. I did not know about the Ashton manual at the time.

I had generic symptoms for the first 5 months. By a month off the insomnia ended but brain fog, depersonalization, muscle spasms, and TMJ remained.

At the end of month 2 tinnitus happened during a flare up, this was loud and soul crushing.

At the end of month 5 all non tinnitus/TMJ symptoms has mostly ceased besides rare muscle spasms when I tried to sleep. Tinnitus grew (barely) tolerable at this point.

Another hearing issues appeared here, dulled hearing and a sense of numbness in my left ear.

At month 6 tinnitus was 99% gone from my left ear and the dulled hearing was less bad.

Recently at month 8 now I had a long window with no dulled hearing in my left ear and windows at long as a full day of no tinnitus except when I sleep.

I think I'm close to healed and confident even my bedtime tinnitus will go away eventually as it has dropped in volume and intensity a ton.

I just hope the dulled hearing/numb left thing stops coming and going, it's very weird. But a lot better at 8 months off.

Thank you for sharing... I need these success stories. Do you still deal with depersonalization?

I wish you continued healing and happiness.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing.

How are you feeling these days?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing.

How are you feeling these days?

I got hit with a wave days ago but it's a good thing as it shows I'm still healing. My tinnitus volume when I lay down dropped again.

I have blurred vision in my left eye, worsened anxiety, brain fog, and I had muscle spasms again but they're dying down. Besides the brainfog all the other symptoms are so minor and ignorable. and the drop in tinnitus is appreciated, it's ALMOST unhearable even when I lay down.

thank you for posting... we need it!

Is you anxiety any less? What i would give to get rid of my anxiety.

curious as to the reason you got started on benzos? Anxiety? Sleep?other?

thanks,

Katrina