Anyone have experience switching to Librium from Clonazepam????

[El...]

I would love to hear from those that have switched over to Librium from Clonazepam. 

How did you do it? Cold turkey? Or slowly substituting one for the other.

If you did a slow substitution how long did it take you?

I tried to do it once but my psychiatrist totally screwed it up and I hit withdrawal very quickly and ended up in hospital.  He wanted me to do it cold turkey but didn't ensure that my dose of Librium was equivalent to the dose of Clonazepam that I was taking.  He didn't care at all.  I have an upcoming appointment with a new psychiatrist and want to discuss this possibility with him but I think it's wiser to substitute one for the other slowly rather than going cold turkey.

I also tried to switch to Valium but cannot tolerate it so that's not an option.  And I have had two unsuccessful tapers thus far. I am just feeling that I need to switch something up but maybe that's the wrong thing to do.  I just do not have hope that I will be successful with another attempt at weaning off Clonazepam.

If anyone has any experiences with this I'd be grateful if you would share. And if anyone has any recommendations about things to consider before doing this I would love to hear.

Thanks,

Ellynn16

I did it. I believe it took about six weeks. It was really tough on me and I even updosed at the cross over. I dosed 3 times a day and switched half of each dose a week at a time.

yes I switched from Librium to Clonazapem. I did it over 2 weeks. Substiting doses.  I followed the Ashton Manual. Instead of Xanax to

valium.  I pretended it was Librium to Klonopin.  So glad to be off Librium.  Dizzy and tired all the time.

With Klonopin.  Stay away from Accord.  Use Teva brand .50 MG.  Or go with Brand Klonopin. 

I did it. I believe it took about six weeks. It was really tough on me and I even updosed at the cross over. I dosed 3 times a day and switched half of each dose a week at a time.

Actually looks by my schedule I took three weeks.

I switched abruptly from Klonopin to Librium and I think it made the withdrawals worse. A few weeks after the switch was when things got really bad for me and just started to level off a few weeks after being completely off