FOUND A RECOVERY SUPPORT GROUP ... GOING TO CHECK THEM OUT NEXT WEEK!

[bd...]

[bd...]

I found a local support group where I live that offers support and meetings (not a 12 step group) for recovery of all sorts ... one of them is benzos.  I called their number today and the gal who answered the phone said she had tapered off benzos and was doing well!  That sounded like music to my ears.  She said in addition to groups, they have coaches who have been there themselves, are recovered.  They will work with you in person or over the phone.  Sooo, next week I am going there and fill out the paperwork and see about getting a coach and try a meeting.  I think she said everything is free??  Wow, that would be amazing.

At this point, connecting in person with someone who has been through what I am going through sounds VERY appealing.  Just when I am getting pretty weary, a ray of light comes in ...

:thumbsup:

Without giving your location, could you tell us the steps you took to find this group, so many would appreciate what you have found. I hope you'll let us know how it goes.

[bd...]

Hi all.  Thanks for the encouragement!  Yes, I am in the Southeast US.  I am feeling alone with my problem and it really stink!!  I actually recalled that an acquaintance had mentioned this group because they had a son who has a opioid problem and this place is for both for people with substance issues AND their families.  So, I called this person and they gave me the name of the facility.  HOWEVER, I had Googled "addiction support groups" and my location about a week ago and the name of this facility came up but I wasn't sure I had the right place.  I am hesitant to call myself an "addict", think I am more "habituated" but whatever ... when the shoe fits to my advantage, I will go to any length!

I definitely will let everyone know how it goes.  Keeping fingers and toes crossed!

:crazy: