Switching Generic Brands

[No...]

Hey buddies,

so I switched over to a new generic brand of Klonopin yesterday. (Teva).  Today I am feeling withdrawals and not feeling good at all.

Has anybody experienced this when switching brands?  I don't know what to do?  Should I switch back to my other brand?  (Accord)

All input appreciated

Hey Pamster,

when you were on Klonopin. Did you ever switch brands and have problems?  Is it common when switching brands of Klonopin and LASTLY

do you think it is best to switch over to Valium to taper.  You have been on here for years and have seen it all.  Thanks your a god send.

[f5...]

Hi Nomo!!

In my first taper I had Teva for a while but finished with Accord pills and Actavis liquid compound. It was challenging but I got to the end. Then due to a bad reaction to L-theanine I had to reinstate and begin a second taper using Accord pills and liquid compound. After 9 months I'm now at 0.090 mg.

Yes, I remember feeling the generic brand changes but I'm not sure if it was part of the withdrawal or been influenced psychologically. I know Accord is from India and safety standards are weak in those countries but It would be pretty obvious if something was wrong having so many people taking it. I thought also about switching brands many times due to bad symptoms but I was able to wait and let the storm pass.

My take is that unless you feel really bad and you are sure that the particular benzo brand is to blame I will stick with it till the end. But if you need to change I would do it gradually.

This drugs play games with us so that's why is better not do major changes in what we do or take.

Best of luck!

Mice

I found this on the updosing support thread, maybe you could pop in there and ask ddjohn3 some questions.

NJ strength....I switched over from brand K to .5 Teva-I dose 4x a day, took 2 weeks to make the switch. When I had to switch last year from Sandoz to brand K it was horrible and was sick for almost 3 months. This switch was a total non-event and I actually feel better.

here is a question for anyone reading this...you may have seen an earlier post(s) from me on this thread....I crashed BAD end of last Sept....I went from .22 to now at .35 for last 3 months and I am improving, but very slow and I still have terrible anxiety and vertigo which I NEVER had before when I was tapering the Sandoz or just holding on the brand K (until I made a giant cut). I am wondering if I should try another small updose? I am still not barely able to work (I own my own gift shop and was working 5 days a week 8 hours a day easy) and seriously, am only able to work 2 days a week for just a couple hours before the anxiety and vertigo gets too intense....can't continue at this level as I will go broke and end up homeless….thoughts? Thank you!!

The only pills that work for me are the 2mg Accord. They are not scored. So I am not getting an equal distribution of medicine when I cut them. And. I want to start tapering and be accurate. Make sense? 

Does anybody have any other suggestions? 

[f5...]

Hi Nomo!

Did you try to use a compound suspension using Accord pills? Accord also has 1 mg and for sure 0.50 mg's pills. If your dose is 0.75 mg you can take a dose of 0.50 pill form and start the slow reducing dose of 0.250 mg using DMLT from the suspension.

I use Ora blend as suspension agent. I used to order it from a compound pharmacy but I now I do it myself. The advantage is that you use the same brand pill for the DMLT.  Sometimes the compound pharmacy don't have the same brand to make the suspension but if they do that would be the way to go (You can get the pills and the solution from the same pharmacy!).

To make a 100 ml suspension (0.1 mg/ml the ideal ratio) I grind 20 x 0.5 mg pills using a mortar and then I add the 100 ml Ora blend. You can use 10 x 1 mg or 5 x 2 mg pills.

I put the solution in a 100 ml bottle and use a 100 ml  syringe to measure the doses. For the liquid (2.50 ml) dose it should last more than a month (Ora plus suspension are granted to last for two months). I use Jim Hawk's liquid Pdf. program to do the calculations, very easy.

Again, if you can afford the suspension ($60), my insurance covered it, and you can find the compound pharmacy, that would be a good option to consider.

Hope this helps!

Mice

hey Mice,

the only Accord pills that work for me are the 2mg.  So how could I do this liquid taper using 2mg Pills? 

Much advice appreciated.

[f5...]

Yes, you can do the liquid part with the 2 mg pill! .The only problem I see is that you are conditioned as how you split the no scored 2 mg Accord pill for the pill dose, that could be imprecise when it gets into small doses like 0.50 mg ( you have to split it in 1/4's). If the overall dose as I see in your profile is 0.750 mg that would be kind of too large for all liquid suspension.

There are other ways using milk and more larger batches but i'm not familiar with them. 

Hey buddies,

so I switched over to a new generic brand of Klonopin yesterday. (Teva).  Today I am feeling withdrawals and not feeling good at all.

Has anybody experienced this when switching brands?  I don't know what to do?  Should I switch back to my other brand?  (Accord)

All input appreciated

Yes... I felt that and about halfway through my taper I requested that the pharmacy stick with one brand instead of constantly switching them around.  It was making me feel horrible especially with the brand manufactured by Accord.  I could not take that one.  :sick: