Other psych meds

[Me...]

Hey everyone

So I have really been trying to do this life thing anti med.

I was poly drugged and have been on like every psych med out there.

I am finally med free (and 5 months pregnant)

I don’t know if it’s withdrawal or pregnancy (or both) but I’ve never felt so depressed/anxious in my life

It’s pretty severe. I don’t have any hobbies anymore and the world feels gray.

I’m going to tell me OB doctor on Monday. And see if she can prescribe a pregnancy safe medicine.

Does anyone have any advice for what meds to use/avoid? I’m 25 months out.

(And no meds isn’t really an option anymore. I’m really not ok)

I have found mirtazapine to be very helpful through this.  First of all, it’s great for sleep and I have found that it calms my nerves quite well and reduces a lot of anxiety and dread. 

The bad news is you will likely gain weight with it.  I got off of it for two weeks, partly for that reason, which turned out to be a mistake as my sleep and anxiety suffered a good bit.  Back on it.

I have a friend who just had a baby but suffers with depression and anxiety, her Dr gave her Buspar and she seemed to do well on it.  What she would have preferred was cannabis because that seems to work the best but refrained during pregnancy.

I have a friend who just had a baby but suffers with depression and anxiety, her Dr gave her Buspar and she seemed to do well on it.  What she would have preferred was cannabis because that seems to work the best but refrained during pregnancy.

I’ve heard this is a safe one!

I have found mirtazapine to be very helpful through this.  First of all, it’s great for sleep and I have found that it calms my nerves quite well and reduces a lot of anxiety and dread. 

The bad news is you will likely gain weight with it.  I got off of it for two weeks, partly for that reason, which turned out to be a mistake as my sleep and anxiety suffered a good bit.  Back on it.

Ditto