Good sign? Bad sign? Neither?

[tw...]

So I had an all-day meltdown today - sobbing, shaking, the works. Then at 11 p.m. I took 4/5 of my taper dose. (Will take rest when I wake up during night.) 90 minutes later - calm, feel like myself. I'm like "Who was that hysterical person?"  I'm at the end part of transitioning from 1.25 mgs lorazepam to 1 mg. (Started turtle taper at 6 mg two years ago.) So I took 1 mg and will take the .25 later. Is it by any chance a good sign that it takes so little to work on me? Here's hoping ...

To me it's evidence of healing on the way down, even if we don't feel good. As we build tolerance it takes more and more to get the effect. Now you are getting the effect with less, so your brain is definitely moving in the right direction. I think we feel lousy because we have to stay at least a little bit ahead of the taper, otherwise the brain wouldn't feel a prompt to adjust. Sometimes we get a little too far ahead and need to slow down or hold to let the brain catch up some.

Good one Tom. 

I am down to 1.5mg Valium - down from 20mgs.  When I take a half a mg. in the am, and the 1mg in the afternoon - my body feels it totally.  That little bit can take me from anxious and tight to calmer and relaxed.  In the old days - it would not have registered.  Developing sensitivity means healing!!!