The I-Don't-Deserve-Anything-From-Anyone Stage???

[tw...]

Is it normal to go through an "I don't deserve anything from anyone" stage when you're getting near the end of your taper? If anyone's nice to me - even someone on the phone from a state office - I lose it completely.

Maybe you just feel bad about yourself. I know this wd makes me hate myself at times, I think it messes with your head. Telling you you dont deserve anything but you do. I hope that helps.

I definitely feel bad about myself. Every minute of every day except when I'm sleeping. And I feel like this will never go away. It's not like I felt so great about myself before.

Thank you, though. :smitten:

Maybe you just feel bad about yourself. I know this wd makes me hate myself at times, I think it messes with your head. Telling you you dont deserve anything but you do. I hope that helps.

Hi Twitch.....  Gosh I know what you are talking about!  Remember that your body is in a struggle, and so is your mind. 

One of the questions my Mental Health Worker asked me is, "How would you treat some human being, standing in front of you, struggling with your same symptoms?"  My guess is that you would offer them lots of love and compassion...  I am really trying to extend that same compassion to myself.  Why not?  This is such a difficult journey.  What better time to learn that we are worth love and caring, even in our time of great suffering?  In this time of great healing?

I am naturally so hard on myself in the best of times.  Its strange that I would comfort others when I would not extend that to myself.  So I am using this time of withdrawal to work on that.....  Big big hugs my love.... its OK to lose it  :smitten: 

Thank you, thank you, JaniceH.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Twitch.....  Gosh I know what you are talking about!  Remember that your body is in a struggle, and so is your mind. 

One of the questions my Mental Health Worker asked me is, "How would you treat some human being, standing in front of you, struggling with your same symptoms?"  My guess is that you would offer them lots of love and compassion...  I am really trying to extend that same compassion to myself.  Why not?  This is such a difficult journey.  What better time to learn that we are worth love and caring, even in our time of great suffering?  In this time of great healing?

I am naturally so hard on myself in the best of times.  Its strange that I would comfort others when I would not extend that to myself.  So I am using this time of withdrawal to work on that.....  Big big hugs my love.... its OK to lose it  :smitten:

Tom, thank you SO MUCH!!!  :smitten:

No problem Twitch

I like the videos this guy puts out. To me they are very helpful and the topics have a way of being timely somehow. You might like his other ones if you haven't seen them already.

Good luck my friend