When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron

[Ji...]

I've just remembered an old book that helped me so much before. When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron.

I highly recommend it!

As for me, I've been pondering whether to drop from 8.5mg valium to 7.5mg or 8mg, or even remain for another bit.

I decided not to veer from my plan yet, to cut every week. It's been 1 mg per week from 20mg. I finally decided to just drop 0.5 mg to 8mg for a week or maybe less if my body tells me.

I feel a little like a startled deer but it's manageable. The positive feelings of being more aware of the beautiful things in life, my garden, the local lake and a glimpse at what life free of drugs will bring more than make up for a bit of discomfort.

Hi!

Thanks for the book recommendation, gonna check it out. I've heard the name but never got to read one by her.

I was hooked to a more dangerous drug, Klonopin. Currently going through my final round of doses, 0.5mgs, and then hopefully I'm done. Yeah it feels something like a "Startled deer", with a bad behaving stomach, in my case.

Best luck with your tapering, mate.

• 7 months later...

Hi!

Thanks for the book recommendation, gonna check it out. I've heard the name but never got to read one by her.

I was hooked to a more dangerous drug, Klonopin. Currently going through my final round of doses, 0.5mgs, and then hopefully I'm done. Yeah it feels something like a "Startled deer", with a bad behaving stomach, in my case.

Best luck with your tapering, mate.

Om Shanti, I used to say that when I learned Raja yoga at Mount Abu in India.

I'm Thai/Scottish and 'shanti' also means 'peace' in Thai.

Yoga/meditation is a great way to help in coming off benzos!!!!