Anyone try Parker’s list of supplements?

[Re...]

Curious if anyone has tried his “stack” that he found to be helpful. Any specific item really help? I know there’s no magic fix, but anything to improve would be awesome.

Thanks for posting the link, I have tried most all of these and then some.

The ones I take regularly which he listed.  I feel these are well researched and can benefit anyone:

• Magnesium
  • D3
  • Probiotic

Additional supplements I am taking or have taken:

• Lithium Orate
  • methylated B12
  • Taurine
  • Vitamin K
  • NAD
  • Tyrosine
  • Lecithin
  • Tryptophan
  • Theonine
  • Vitamin C

I can't say I've found anything for me that 'moves the dial' where I've noticed any significant change, but if you read enough forum posts you'll find people who swear by each of these as helpful.

Mainly I take supplements because I have an internal voice that keeps telling me I need to do something in order to optimize my healing journey.  However, I believe The Ashton Manual states that supplements are not necessary.

In reality I am probably just creating really expensive urine with all the supplements I've purchased and should probably cut back to the key 3 of Magnesium, Fish Oil, and D3.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for posting the link, I have tried most all of these and then some.

The ones I take regularly which he listed.  I feel these are well researched and can benefit anyone:

• Magnesium
  • D3
  • Probiotic

Additional supplements I am taking or have taken:

• Lithium Orate
  • methylated B12
  • Taurine
  • Vitamin K
  • NAD
  • Tyrosine
  • Lecithin
  • Tryptophan
  • Theonine
  • Vitamin C

I can't say I've found anything for me that 'moves the dial' where I've noticed any significant change, but if you read enough forum posts you'll find people who swear by each of these as helpful.

Mainly I take supplements because I have an internal voice that keeps telling me I need to do something in order to optimize my healing journey.  However, I believe The Ashton Manual states that supplements are not necessary.

In reality I am probably just creating really expensive urine with all the supplements I've purchased and should probably cut back to the key 3 of Magnesium, Fish Oil, and D3.

Cheers,

RR

I never seem to notice anything with Omega3 / fish oil for one reason or another. I'm in the same boat; thousands (literally) of dollars wasted on supps but I've got the same internal voice so I carry on.

Current stack:

Lithium Orotate 5mg (Avg... sometimes I'm 2.5mg and sometimes I'm 10mg)

SAM-E 400mg (moving to 800mg today with a new brand / different format.. I cycle this every few weeks)

D3 + K2

Multi vit/mineral

Probiotics (one is only Helveticus and Longum, the other is a low histamine concoction I found online)

Sometimes Ginger supplements

I used to take alot of B complex but my B12 level is abnormally high so I stopped that about a week ago when I got my blood test results.

Possibly moving to Testosterone shots / management again.. my levels are pretty low for my age (45) and it's time to either fully commit or believe that withdrawal is still causing this 3.5yrs out... which I don't really believe.

...but, out of the hundreds of supplements and vitamins that I have in various locations of my house, these are the only ones I'm actively involved in at this point.

I never seem to notice anything with Omega3 / fish oil for one reason or another. I'm in the same boat; thousands (literally) of dollars wasted on supps but I've got the same internal voice so I carry on.

Current stack:

Lithium Orotate 5mg (Avg... sometimes I'm 2.5mg and sometimes I'm 10mg)

SAM-E 400mg (moving to 800mg today with a new brand / different format.. I cycle this every few weeks)

D3 + K2

Multi vit/mineral

Probiotics (one is only Helveticus and Longum, the other is a low histamine concoction I found online)

Sometimes Ginger supplements

I used to take alot of B complex but my B12 level is abnormally high so I stopped that about a week ago when I got my blood test results.

Possibly moving to Testosterone shots / management again.. my levels are pretty low for my age (45) and it's time to either fully commit or believe that withdrawal is still causing this 3.5yrs out... which I don't really believe.

...but, out of the hundreds of supplements and vitamins that I have in various locations of my house, these are the only ones I'm actively involved in at this point.

Wow Colley, seems you and I are very similar in both age and supplement approach.  I guess we've read a lot of the same literature!

I supplement with B12 but only occasionally since our fat stores will carry B12 for us to last quite a long time.

One other thing I would like to add, the greatest benefit from vitamins and minerals usually comes from eating the whole foods that they are contained in.  A study was done decades ago that found people with high levels of Vitamin E had lower incidence of disease.  Pharma latched onto this as a possible 'miracle cure' and started touting Vitamin E.  What they later found though was that supplementing with Vitamin E did more harm than good, and most likely it was the diet of people with high levels of Vitamin E that made the difference and not the high levels of the vitamin itself.

Cheers,

RR

Interesting that you all have that internal voice.

Mine tells me supplements are scary and to not put anything in my body at all

I’m scared of reactions to all things now

I've got that voice too, it's just not as loud as the other one.

Same

• 4 months later...

Supplements definitely are a tricky issue... I fully support anyone who refuses to take them and anyone who has an entire closet full of them!

I personally believe that if a person eats a healthy diet that is heavy in organic veggies and perhaps sprinkled with some "clean" meat, a person can go a lifetime w/o needing any supplements. Your body gets more out of real food than it does processed foods and supplements.

I am taking the fish oil that she recommended. But that's it. I'm too cautious at this point to try anything else. I started about three weeks ago and that's when mental symptoms like DP/DR got a little better. I had tried Vit D in the past but it just made me sick for some reason. So I just lie in the sun for 20 minutes a day for natural D.

I agree about eating as clean and whole of a diet as possible.

I am like Megan and terrified of supplements.

I struggle with fear as one of my main four symptoms anyway, and so adding in more fear is not a good thing for me .

I know many gain from  Magnesium for instance, but then some react paradoxically to it during withdrawal and  I would hate to make matters worse than they are already.

Saying that I have  just sent for some organic tart cherry  juice in the hope that it might help my poor sleep a little, 

I hope it doesn't end up in the cupboard with the probiotic , helveticus  and Longum, phoshatydlserine, omega 3 fish oil , and the B12  sublingual liquid,

I do very occasionally take some vitamin C ( ascorbic acid ) but mostly I eat a lot of fruit, salad and veg for that, and  I do drink some coconut water for the electrolyte balance, if I have done more walking than usual. 

I  wish there were  a way to speed things up, or make the journey a little easier.

I feel so non functional still at 6 months free with no windows happening for me as yet.

Jen

• 3 months later...
Ive been just using Calcium supplement to keep the old bones together! As a woman of ' a certain age' I didn't want to take HRT. Calcium keeps my nails long and strong, so I hope it's doing the same for my bones.

I found an article:

Vitamin and supplement industry is big business in the United States. According to the Journal of nutrition there are around 90,000 different dietary supplement products on U.S. store shelves, making up a $30 billion dollar industry.

So what supplements does Dr. Jalili take? Vitamin D, fish oil, and a baby aspirin. But he admits that he does so even though the science is not clear that these supplements are actually effective.

According to Dr. Jalili, if you look at the research, a majority of supplements have very little effect on your health and just pass through the body. Considering the cost of most of these pills, they're mostly "making your pee expensive."

• 1 month later...

Supplements definitely are a tricky issue... I fully support anyone who refuses to take them and anyone who has an entire closet full of them!

I personally believe that if a person eats a healthy diet that is heavy in organic veggies and perhaps sprinkled with some "clean" meat, a person can go a lifetime w/o needing any supplements. Your body gets more out of real food than it does processed foods and supplements.

Edit: Removed commercial link.