Heart Palpitation remedies?

[Ni...]

Heart palpitations haven't been a huge part of my personal withdrawal process. But last night a hockey player collapsed on the bench, I was watching the video of it before bed and my heart sank out of the blue and my extremities instantly went numb for a minute.  Clearly, it triggered me.  Ever since then I can't get the focus off my chest.  Everything I imagine, happens.  Chest tightness, shortness of breath.  I have to remind myself to breathe, and it's like I'm EXPECTING my heart to miss it's next beat.  I went for a short walk, that took the focus off and it helped, but every time I sit still, all I can feel is my heartbeat.

Anybody have a home remedy/technique that helps with this?  At this point, just looking for similar experiences as palpitations are out of my normal range of symptoms.

I have heart palpitations from time to time while on Clonazepam.  I've been put on a beta-blocker which helps.  I only take it when I need it.  A lot of my anxiety is causing chest pain, numbness, and jaw pain, but other times it's just a straight-up withdrawal symptom.  It sounds like your amygdala is triggering this.  One trick I was told to use was to go on Amazon and buy therapeutic grade Ylang Ylang.  It's an essential oil that calms the nervous system and it's stopped me from reaching for that Clonazepam bottle many times.  I rub it on my chest and hands.  I then cup my hands over my nose and do box breathing.  4 second inhale, 4 second hold, 4 second exhale and 4 seconds of nothing.  I do that 4 times and things calm right down.

I bought the Kardia Mobile which checks my heart rate and detects afib.  I probably don't need it but when I get the green message telling me I'm okay, my brain stops a lot of those psychosomatic symptoms.

You can also request a heart monitor from your doctor.  Being told you are fine is the most effective way out of your fears.

Hang in there.  And be encouraged: You have a powerful mind!

Thanks. Yeah, I know it’s nothing. But my irrational fear and panic are the worst part of my withdrawal.  I can tolerate the tinnitus, the dizziness, the light sensitivity, but the fear is what gets me every time.  Haven’t taken a single rescue dose yet, so I’m sure I’ll be able to battle until the end.

Hi Nifty,

I' m on the same page. Every (new) symptom have me fearing the very worst. I had palpitations in November for a couple of hours on a Saturday. Had it checked my GP on Monday,  it was OK. A test for Lyme's a month later showed something irregular in the heartbeat.

Had it checked: " just a small and innocent variation of the normal" the cardiologist called it. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

It's like fireplace said: "Being told your OK is the best way out of our fear".

BTW: palpitations are on the Ashton list of withdrawal side effects.