antibiotic help please

[Bw...]

I have IBS and maybe SIBO.  I've previously done xifaxan and neomycin but nothing since I've gotten off klonopin. Anyone taken Xifaxan during withdrawal? It is suppose to be one of the weaker antibiotics out there and I need something for my GI issues. my anxiety/depression over the GI stuff is why the doc gave me klonopin in the first place so I've had these problems before so I know it's not benzo belly. The only GI stuff I got from benzo was stomach spasms whic went away about 7 weeks after I quit.

My doc wants me to do cipro or Flagyl but I know those are a big no no. my only other option was amoxicillin which I'm not thrilled about either.

What is the antibiotic for?

For your gut health, have you considered probiotics? I take some and it seems to help in terms of regular, consistent bowel movements.

SG

im just finishing amoxilin now for a dental bone graft ,zero effect.  withdrawal  did give me gastro problems . I hear some others are sensitive to antibiotics so I was a but hesitant but 1 week in no problems

Hello, Bwillow24.  Just checking ... have you tried using the Search tool to find previous posts that contain the term “Xifaxan”?

I did yesterday and read through some stuff. I’ll someone say it can cause liver problems so now I’m scared to take it ever again

It didn’t help me for very long previously either so doc wants me to try something a little strong more broad spectrum, I think I’m gonna hold off for now

I had a severe bladder infection that as usual was going straight for my kidneys . I get extremely ill from these so I had to take an antibiotic. The Dr gave me 1000mgs of Keflex every 6 hours around the clock to avoid IV antibiotics . This was in Oct when I was 10 months off .  I was scared but had absolutely no choice . Nothing happened . Yes diarrhea but NOTHING like what W/D gave me - total constipation i had to battle constantly for 4 solid months ,  severe bloat and worse .  I got well after 2 weeks , it was a serious infection . Everyone is different but I just told him NO flouroquinalones . he agreed .

After this probiotics no longer work at all and I go for the digestive enzymes , those help a ton .

Hi. I'm a protracted member. I took amoxicillin too and didn't have problems. Whichever med you need to take, put it into the search box and see if anyone here on BB ever wrote abt it. I've found helpful info that way.