Feeling lost

[bu...]

Hi, I was on 3mg if ativan a day for 2-3 years ( I lost time somewhere) but have tapered down to 1.5mg a day in the past year. Lately I have been feeling so lost, my Family doesn't know who I am anymore. I have been having terrible muscle and joint pain that I can hardly move. I feel disconnected from everything. I want off this drug so bad. I feel like I ruined my mind and body forever.

Hi bud,

Isn't it awful the way we lose ourselves, we don't recognize us and neither do our loved ones, no wonder we're so miserable and isolated.  This is not going to last though, once you taper off the drug and heal from the damage, you're going to return to you.  What I found was this experience changed me, but for the better.  Compassion and empathy are now a larger part of me, this experience teaches us those traits if we didn't have them before and enhances them if we did.

I'm sorry you're suffering, but you're not ruined, you're temporarily out of order. 

Pamster

Thank you, it is awful how we lose ourselves for sure, while others around don't understand. But I'm happy to hear that it is just temporary.  I wish the doctors would warn us about the dangers, but it is not so. I can't wait to be myself again for for me and my Family. Again thank you so much. Im happy to say I do get windows that sometimes last a week!