GOOD DAYS/ROUGH DAYS ... can anyone relate?

[78...]

[78...]

Hi everyone.  During my taper, I initially had a lot of rough days but now I've noticed I have good days and then days that aren't so good.  Yesterday was a not-so-good day BUT as the day went on, I developed a sinus headache so I think not feeling well didn't have much to do with tapering and had more to do with barometric pressure change where I live.  That said, when I am not feeling well, I think the stress of that makes the withdrawl symptoms more pronounced if that makes sense.  I was on a not small dose of Klonopin for 20+ years so nothing to sneeze at.

I slept very well last night so it will be interesting to see how today goes.  I am down to a nighttime dose of Klonopin only now and am starting to decrease it.

Just wondering about the variance of good vs bad days during tapering in other people's experience.  ;)

Hi, I can definitely relate to the good days and bad. Since starting my taper of 3mgs ativan a day, I have had alot of rough days but also get windows that can sometimes last a week. Its seems to be a 50/50 good and bad for me. I just try to keep occupied and push through ( hard with 3 kids) lol.

Hi Kate08, In my case I have good and bad days, generally depends on how I have slept the night before. But sometimes I have a little pressure in my head (bereable) at afternoon/night. My days are 80% good 20% bad. What helps me: to eat light at night with no dessert (sugar). 

[78...]

Thanks bud21ca and Leo51 for sharing your experience.    Bud21ca, my mix seems to be about 70% good and 30% rough.  And staying busy keeps me from thinking too much about how I feel.  Yes, Leo51, whether or not I have slept well seems to make a huge difference in my next day.  Like I said earlier, I slept well last night and so far I am having a good day!  I am craving carbs and I assume that is because I am using more calories than I used to.  I've lost a few pounds since I started tapering.  Good to hear from both of you.

:smitten:

Hi!  I was wondering if you could give me some advice since you are doing a rapid taper also. I was on 2 mg Xanax a day. I had to do a rapid taper because I can no longer get any refills. I am currently taking 1.25 mg. I’m having a really hard time. Stomach issues, nausea, severe anxiety, several other symptoms as well but the worst is no sleep! I don’t have many pills left so I need to do this quick. How are you feeling. How are you able to do this so fast. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Congratulations on your taper. Sounds like you are doing great!!

Yep, good days, bad days.....and good moments, bad moments. It's the obsessively thinking about my symptoms that really gets me down, though. I hate that my life has become completely consumed by checking in with my mental and physical symptoms, even when I'm involved with a task....shopping, driving, washing dishes....ugh, such a drain.

Hi sg89, and yes, monitoring most the day all minimal symptoms is awful. It happens. Pretend to be fine to others is awful too.  what helsp me: I read success stories to remember that it takes time, sometimes much time to came even from hell.

Hi leo, lol, yes the pretending to be fine with others, so difficult. I've learned that other people really don't understand nor really care all that much how you feel, as long as you're acting somewhat normal.....ie. breathing, talking, standing, moving.....and not crying or screaming or hyperventilating, they think all is well.  I can't wait until how I act and how I feel are one and the same again.

[78...]

Hi!  I was wondering if you could give me some advice since you are doing a rapid taper also. I was on 2 mg Xanax a day. I had to do a rapid taper because I can no longer get any refills. I am currently taking 1.25 mg. I’m having a really hard time. Stomach issues, nausea, severe anxiety, several other symptoms as well but the worst is no sleep! I don’t have many pills left so I need to do this quick. How are you feeling. How are you able to do this so fast. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Congratulations on your taper. Sounds like you are doing great!!

Maxiem, I sent you a PM about your questions!

Yes sg89, nobody undertands. I just hate when, for example, somebody wants to take a picture with me, "cheers…" but remarks that I don´t smile enough to demostrate hapiness… while at that momento maybe I was really thinking about my sxs, and how I´m going to cut the next night pill correctly  :)

Leo, lol, you made me laugh twice on one day, thank you :laugh: I guess the only thing that makes me laugh these days is others who are in the same boat, that's pretty sad. But it depresses me around other people who are not going through w/d......I just think, well that's nice you are not in physical or mental pain, I used to be that way too. I'll never take that for granted anymore when I am healed.