Can having sex with someone who takes benzo affect your taper?

[...]

Hi all,

I am sorry if the title sounds awkward. But I seriously would like to know if having sex with someone who takes benzo will affect my tapering off from benzo. Fyi, it is my husband who is also now taking benzo so I am just afraid that if his sperm contains benzo and it is somehow absorbed by me through sexual intercouse. I am doing fairly ok in my tapering right now so if possible I do not want anything to become a setback to my success in tapering. Many thanks for your thoughts!

Dila.

[a6...]

Interesting questions (first time I've seen it).  Amazingly enough, several drugs are known to get into semen.  I didn't find a reference specifically for benzos, but it wouldn't surprise me if a small amount got in there. 

However - I'd expect the amount present and transmitted from a 1-2 teaspoon 'inoculation' to be very small - probably no more than 1/1000th of his dose given the relative volumes of semen versus blood in the body.  Absorption wouldn't be 100% either. 

So I don't think this should be a consideration.  [your husband owes me]  :laugh:

I found a few references in this list:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?linkname=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=8055681

Tq so much badsocref.

I appreciate the information and the link provided. It makes me feel so much relieved to know that and to hear that from another buddy here.

I hope you'd have a good day and may you continue to heal (if you're not fully healed already) 😊