Your Benzo Belly experinces?

[Om...]

Hi all!  :)

I have almost done tapering. I took Klonopin about 6 years irregularly, and started tapering about a year ago. My main issue now is my very irregular bowel movements. It feels like I can never fully empty my bowels, so I have to go four, five times per day. It's really irritating.

Any of you guys have/had similar stomach issues when tapering? If so, how long it took the symptom to go away?  -- Yes I know, each one's condition is different. Yet I like to hear your inputs, please.

Thanks guys!

p.s. Also, I'll very much appreciate if anyone can shortly explain why the bowels get messed up by benzo? Is it an issue of the nerves in the bowels? It's not permanent damage, right???

Thanks!

Hello there,

I've been having some problems too. I have found that a high fiber diet helps (bran flakes everyday have really helped).

I think the reason that withdrawal messes up with our GI tracts is because we have an incredible amount of GABA/Glutamate regulating everything in our bowels.. The contractions and other such movements of our systems use GABA and since this has been messed up so much, you get a strange effect on the GI tract.

I'm still doing a micro taper off klonopin I always have gas my stomach making noises.  REally embarrassing at at work trying to hold in the gas all the time.