Back to square one

[Ni...]

So I guess I’m going back to square one now and starting a new slower based taper. I’m going to a detox tomorrow but their only going stabilize me for the week and then work with my doctor on a very very slow taper. I spoke to the detox lady today and she informed me that she went to a conference and sometimes it takes years to properly get off Benzodiazepines, believe it or not she even said that sometimes you gotta hold if your body isn’t reacting well to the proper drop when dropping each time, I was surprised actually. But I have paused my life too long and going have to learn to stabilize and find a job and slowly get off the Valium this time. I don’t wanna hear negative things please just support because this is a REALLY hard time in my life and I could use the community support. Thanks. Hopefully taper #2 works better for the long term this time. Hopefully I stabilize too n not kindled. Might have to start at higher dose to stabilize. Wish me luck.

Wow, I'm thrilled the detox lady was so knowledgeable, this is a real plus!  Was this the conference she went to? 

Good luck with your detox, it sounds like they'll make you comfortable which will hopefully be nice then you can start again, we'll be here for you.  :thumbsup:

Nick I’m so sorry you’re going through this but it sounds like you have the right attitude and resolve going forward.  Don’t worry about how much time it takes, just keep moving forward.  I hope you are able to get off the other meds quickly though, I think they will just complicate things. If you think holding on benzos will make this a smoother transition, don’t feel bad about that, you’re doing the right thing when you feel it’s right! 💖

I’m going get off all other medication, z drugs and clonidine but I’m going stay on the AD Effexor because I think I have depression as an underlying issue before going on Benzo so after my week at detox I’m hoping to only be on V plus the AD.

Hi

I am holding for two months after each 0.50 valium cut this is the best way for me iam on 6.5 and if iam symptomatic i am not cutting i dont care how much time it will take slow and steady remember that listen to your body from my experience if you rush things you suffer and it take more time to your body to stabalize good luck

Wow, that’s so encouraging to read that a detox facility is getting the ‘slow taper’ message. Progress...

Wonderful that they’ll support a snail taper, which is what you’d want the second time around, IMO.

Keep up posted!

Best wishes to you sir. Hold on as hard as you can.  The future is before you.

Pamster-  Thank you for the link to the Benzo Symposium.  This is ground breaking. Bless these professionals who came forward to talk about withdrawal. It's a start.

Encourage others to watch. If your family "doesn't understand," have them watch. Not all medical people are clueless. :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
Nick, you’re getting there.  Even though it’s a challenge right now, you’re in the recovery healing process.  Slow slow slow is better.  I have had long holds, like a few months.  I don’t cut until I’m symptom free.  You do you, keep being brave.  Good you’re talking to someone who gets it.  Keep us posted.