compounding pharmacies

[Bo...]

the ones I called used their own brands of bentos.  I am sensitive to other brands.  Anybody else know of a pharmacy that will compound

their brand of Benz?

the ones I called used their own brands of bentos.  I am sensitive to other brands.  Anybody else know of a pharmacy that will compound their brand of Benz?

Yes.  Several. A reputable compounding pharmacy should understand why a patient might request this — their core business is creating pharmaceutical products to meet the unique needs of patients.  Did you ask the pharmacies you called if they would be willing to order and use your preferred manufacturer if your prescriber wrote a “Dispense As Written” prescription for you?  It also might help to mention you would be a repeat customer (so the compounder would not be “stuck” with unused stock).

are compounding pharmacies okay to use for tapering benzos? they make my capsules for temazepam

Yes. We have many members who are using or have used compounding pharmacies to successfully taper clonazepam. The key to success is to find a reputable, accredited pharmacy that specializes in compounding and has PharmDs (not just techs) with advanced training and experience in compounding (ideally with your particular benzodiazepine) who use USP Compounded Preparation Monographs or comparable, standards-based, stability-tested formulations.