Need help - Dissolve Pharmaceutical Diazepam Juice to take smaller steps

[Ho...]

Hi  :)

i try to make long things short, also english is not my native language, but i‘ll try my best to explain my situation.

I got prescribed a liquid Diazepam solution.

It has the following ingredients:

- Diazepam 10 mg/ml

- Propylenglygcol

- Macrogol 400 (PEG)

- Distilled Water

The amount per drop is 0.5 mg Diazepam.

My question is:

Do I have to add vodka or ethanol if I want to dilute the existing solution to take smaller steps for the micro tapering method? If yes, how much?

I ask because often times i read that there may be some ‚fallout‘, if i just add it to water.

My goal is to reduce 10% every 6 weeks, so that’s why i need to dilute the existing solution.

I hope someone can help me out.

Thank you

Hello HorrorSh0w,

You have explained your situation well — your English is very good! The concentration of your solution (10mg/1mL) is much higher than the commercially available oral solutions of diazepam here in the U.S. (i.e., 1mg/1mL and 5mg/1mL).

Some members  have suggested it is safe to further dilute at least the 1mg/1mL diazepam solution by adding water.  However, I am not sure this would apply to your more highly concentrated solution.

Do you know or could you find a pharmacist (apothecary) you could ask about this? Or, would you feel comfortable contacting the manufacturer?

Pamster