Staring Klonopin Taper - Need Advice Please

[No...]

Hello Everyone,

I am going to start my Klonopin Taper. I presently take 1mg.  I take .50 twice a day.  I have to cut the 2mg Accord Pill. I cannot cut the 1mg

Accord pill as they don't work. They are like sugar pills.

My thought was to change over to the new .50 Teva and use those.  The I could cut directly from those pills.

The question is how do I taper?  Starting at 10% do I use a scale and which dose do I taper off of?  I want to do the 10% every 2-3 weeks.

All advice appreciated. 

Thank you.

Have you checked in with the Teva support group to get some input?  Have you stabilized on the 1 mg a day or are you still experimenting with .75?  I don't think you're ready to start your taper, give yourself a few more days to figure out what dose you're on and what time of the day you take it. 

I would suggest crushing your pills and weighing them if you're going to continue using the 2 mg Accord, you're not going to get accurate cuts with them.  You can taper off of one dose, or both whichever suits your lifestyle.  But, lets hold off a few days until you settle a bit.  You can order a scale online while you're waiting, I hear the Gemini is pretty good.

Answering your PM here.

What did you decide to do today, what have your doses looked like?  And yes, expect the unexpected as far as symptoms go.  The burning you experienced is very common and even though you felt it after your dose, your body has been in a near constant state of benzo withdrawal for awhile now.  You were on Konopin, Xanax, Librium and now Klonopin, all different drugs with different properties.

As I've mentioned, I feel your best bet is to pick a dose, stick to a dosing schedule which is consistent and stay that way for a few days, regardless of your symptoms.  You need to establish a baseline.

Hey Pamster,

I can't get answers on that link you sent me.  I did a direct switch over to Teva Brand of Klonopin today.  Feel horrible withdraw. Am I suppose to

gradually switch over?  Does anybody know?

Thank You

Not sure why you couldn't get answers, did you read many posts, did you ask a question in the thread so others with experience could respond to you?

Hi Pamster,

Yes I did read some posts. Hooked up with Zibertas. He gave me some good info. I feel like crap every morning whether I am on .75 mg or 1 mg.  I have been trying to stabilize for 5 months. You said everyone is feeling bad in the am.  I feel like I need to start the tapering process. I read a story about a woman on here who tapered to get this poison out of her body AND had symptoms all the way down. Anxiety.  Etc.  For some reason I thought once stabilized I would be symptom free.  5 months trying to stabilize no symptoms. Not happening. Feel bad in the am.  I think I need to start tapering. What do you think.  All input from you or anybody else appreciated.

Thank you.

Sounds like it's time, you feel rotten holding so you might as well be tapering.  This process hurts all the way to zero and beyond, the only thing we can hope to control  is the severity of our symptoms.  Welcome to the misery of benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.  :tickedoff: