Being social on Taper (is it possible)

[so...]

I’m not sure if this is a taboo topic bc of how hard some people are struggling on their taper to even just barely function and how difficult it can make their lives, but I’m single and live alone and our office is a 4 day work from home office. During the day the taper is easier with mild symptoms (the biggest symptoms are more the absence of certain things like desire to socialize, havig energy, etc) and can be social in the office because I’m dosing but the last dose is in the afternoon and afterwards I don’t want any part of socializing and withdraw. This includes weekends I wanted to check in on any strategies people have that could help bc it’s a very lonely, isolated path otherwise. e.g.  I’ve wondered if holding your daily doses until late afternoon, could allow for a boost for an hour or two out. etc.

[54...]

Soulsurfer, I understand your dilemma.  Lonely is a terrible way to feel!  I am not going to comment on whether or not you should change your dose to evening.  There are those here who have more experience and understanding of the taper process that I do ... I am new to this.  But, the socializing issue I do understand and here is what I've come to with that:  I was having trouble socializing even before I started tapering.  I had reached the point where the Klonopin was no longer helping or helping very little.  I have developed major tolerance to it due to years of use.  So, in my situation, whether or not I take K to socialize is a moot point.

All of that said, I do get out even when it is uncomfortable but since I started tapering, I am not pushing myself too much AND I am more particular about what and when I say YES to something.  Another thought:  I do my level best to keep my commitments but I give myself permission to leave if I get to the point of desperation.  I rarely pull that card but just knowing I can is a relief!!  One more idea: I get up, walk around, get a cold drink of water, pop a peppermint, etc. if I am out and start feeling anxious. 

Best wishes to you soulsurfer.  :smitten:

Today, I'm not having one of my better days and don't fell like socializing at all.

When I don't, I say NO. However, sometimes I have to force myself. Today is my daughter's 17 th birthday and also Valentines day so WANT to do the right thing and go out for a meal this evening.

I have this little strategy -  when I feel uncomfortable, I excuse myself and go for a short walk outside, sometimes saying I need to make a work-related phone call. I am not going to allow this drug ruin my life and remind myself that when on benzos, I am a zombie and won't remember birthdays etc.

Think of when you will be drug free and then you can build up your social skills/life. One day, you'll laugh about how you feel now. trust me. Hugs.