Newbie question

[Si...]

I’m tapering with Valium. I’m doing 10mg a day taking 5mg in the morning and 5mg at night.

I feel I could lower this to 7.5mg. Taking 0.25mg in the morning and 5mg at night. My question is, after you drop down in your taper how long does it take for your body to adjust to the new dose? Does it take 4 days? A week? 2-3weeks? I don’t mind being uncomfortable and grouchy but I’ve read stories of people cutting down and everything being fine then two weeks later they have bad massive withdrawals. Side note I have been on benzos less than 2 months total

Hey.. :)

I would “expect” symptoms to start to hit after day 3-5, and possibly increase to day 10-14.. But thats just a rough guide..  -It can vary a lot..

Its a 25% cut, so I would give symptoms time to Settle before planning your next move after that.. How it goes should help with future tapering decisions... So keep records each day, and keep us updated if you wish..

All the best..

:)

When people talk about “Stabilize“ while tapering do they mean that after they taper down a dose that they feel withdraws but they stop “hurting” and stabilize with no withdrawals? I’m on my like 8th day after tapering and felt fine until 3 days ago.

I'd say if it's been 8 days and you felt good 3 days ago, it may be time to reduce again.  For most, stabilize doesn't mean you feel great.  How it goes is you reduce your dose and after a certain amount of time, depending on which benzo you take, you feel the cut and you typically don't feel well.  After more time goes by, you start to feel better and feel up to reducing again.  This is called listening to your body's cues, not following a prescribed timeline which is the best way to do this.

Oh by the way, I merged this thread with your other thread so you only have one asking the newbie questions.  Just keep replying to this thread if you have more questions.  :)

I'd say if it's been 8 days and you felt good 3 days ago, it may be time to reduce again.  For most, stabilize doesn't mean you feel great.  How it goes is you reduce your dose and after a certain amount of time, depending on which benzo you take, you feel the cut and you typically don't feel well.  After more time goes by, you start to feel better and feel up to reducing again.  This is called listening to your body's cues, not following a prescribed timeline which is the best way to do this.

Oh by the way, I merged this thread with your other thread so you only have one asking the newbie questions.  Just keep replying to this thread if you have more questions.  :)

I read it as 5 days of feeling ok, and now 3 days of suffering..??

If so, then perhaps NOT the time to cut again yet...

But I have noticed this term of phrase used differently in the past, so Im not sure..??

What say you Sick6522..??

And Id say stable is feeling somewhat better, but NO symptoms can be a stretch for many of us, but not impossible either..

Oh god my brain is muddled..!!?? :(

-Ill shut up..

I read it as 5 days of feeling ok, and now 3 days of suffering..??

If so, then perhaps NOT the time to cut again yet...

But I have noticed this term of phrase used differently in the past, so Im not sure..??

What say you Sick6522..??

And Id say stable is feeling somewhat better, but NO symptoms can be a stretch for many of us, but not impossible either..

Oh god my brain is muddled..!!?? :(

-Ill shut up..

Oh good grief Cant, I read that totally wrong, thanks so much for jumping in!  My apologies Sick6522!  :-[

When people talk about “Stabilize“ while tapering do they mean that after they taper down a dose that they feel withdraws but they stop “hurting” and stabilize with no withdrawals? I’m on my like 8th day after tapering and felt fine until 3 days ago.

Here is my corrected statement.  Your body must have finally realized the reduction of the drug and for the past three days you've been feeling it. I'd say wait awhile longer before considering another reduction. 

And what cantfly said about the definition of stable.  "And Id say stable is feeling somewhat better, but NO symptoms can be a stretch for many of us, but not impossible either."  :thumbsup: