Short term user now on a long term Valium taper?

[Si...]

December 2, 2019 I relapsed from alcohol. I would be hung over and I would take 1 mg of Ativan in the morning to take away my hangover symptoms. I would drink at night and then in the morning take 1 mg of Ativan and I did this for  around 23 days. I went to the ER and they gave me an Ativan taper of 23 pills 1 mg Ativan. I didn’t do what I was supposed to do and I kept drinking and taking the Ativan in the morning until that was used up Then I went to the hospital again and was given another Ativan taper this time I was given 28 Ativan pills but I tried to stop and I didn’t drink with these but I was given no kind of direction on how to taper all I was told was take 4 mg a day. So I took the 4 mg and I tried to do a taper on my own and it didn’t work. Altogether I would say I took around 100 to 150 mg of Ativan within six weeks. Long story short I went to my doctor and now I am on a Valium taper. They had me on 25 mg of Valium for four days then 15 mg of Valium for one week And then 10 mg Valium for two weeks but I feel like this is just too much I feel like I could taper quicker with a lower dose say 7.5 mg a day. I don’t want to taper too fast but also I don’t want this to take forever sense I was really only on Ativan for six weeks before they put me on the Valium  taper. Average stories where people taper too fast and in 2 to 3 weeks go through horrible withdrawals and I’m wondering if that could happen to me or water my chances of that happening or could I drop down to 7.5 mg for two weeks and everything be fine I’m just not sure how to tell any advice would be helpful