Has anyone taken benadryl while tapering or off?

[...]

As much as I don't want too, I think I need to take some benadryl. I've had a rash on my neck for over a week now and it is so itchy. I went to the doctors and she didn't seem too concerned but unfortunately its still there. Has anyone taken benadryl during their taper or post taper? I'm 2 months off, thanks

As much as I don't want too, I think I need to take some benadryl. I've had a rash on my neck for over a week now and it is so itchy. I went to the doctors and she didn't seem too concerned but unfortunately its still there. Has anyone taken benadryl during their taper or post taper? I'm 2 months off, thanks

I took it off and on throughout my entire taper and it worked in the beginning but I became tolerant to it and it was actually keeping me awake all night.  I had used Benadryl my entire life because a Dr. once told me that it was the safest otc med for sleep.  Since then I have read a lot of conflicting advise so I haven't taken it for awhile.  I don't think it will hurt for you to try as it didn't really effect me negatively until I became tolerant.  We are all different though..  much luck to you!  :thumbsup:

I was prescribed Hydroxyzinen which my Psychiatrist said is way better on the Liver and Kidneys with less likelihood of dependence. Though the dependence part I don't know about in my case.