Doctor really wants to to switch from Ativan to clonazepam but scared

[Bl...]

Hi I currently take Ativan .25 mg at noon and .50 mg before bed but started getting interpose at around 6:30 pm. Neck pains anxiety etc. My doctor wants to switch me to clonazepam but im scared I'll get WD anyone do this with success.

I would not cross, klonopin is said to be the toughest to withdraw from. I know the half life is longer, but i haven’t seen anyone successfully crossover to klonopin honestly.  Valium might be better. Your cuts seem big and I think the withdrawal sounds very normal.  Maybe make smaller cuts. I’m sorry you’re struggling.  Some discomfort is definitely expected during withdrawal, hope you get through it quickly!

Hi Saige Alot of people are telling me not to switch it's not that I don't value their advice I just always looks for reassurance (abit too much) also I cut .125 (quarter of one .5mg tablet ) now I'll probably start cutting off my night dose once I get rid of this terrible cold . Thank you so much for the advice

I would split your Ativan doses to more than 2x a day then start tapering from there. Better to deal with the devil you know than the one you don’t.

I've done both Ativan and Klonopin (Clonazepam) taper and withdrawing from Ativan was a walk in the park compared to the Clonazepam withdrawal. Not that it was easy but Klonopin wd was a different level of hell. Like, 100 floors below. Of course, the Klonopin wd was my second withdrawal, so that probably played a role. But still, Klonopin is much harder to get off of from what I've read here on benzobuddies and in the news.

What helped me with the Ativan withdrawal was splitting my pill and taking Ativan 3 times a day (that curbed the interdose withdrawal just a little bit). Then I went to 2 times a day. Then 1 time a day. Then finally stopped.

hi kistune yeah i should probably try splitting my dosage before changing med .

hi ideal vision now i take .25 in the day and .5 before bed . so lets say noon and around 10 pm . how would you split it> also when you went down to 2 and then 1 dose werent the interdrawls painful ?

thanks so much for responding by the way.

Either 0.25 morning, 0.25 12 pm, 0.25 10 pm

or (since you're used to a big interval overnight) 0.25 11 am, 0.25 4:30 PM, 0.25 10 PM.

Yes, it wasn't easy when I went down to 2 and then 1 dose of Ativan. I just had to ride it out for a couple of weeks. But it wasn't easy throughout. I was already in tolerance withdrawal. So just wanted to get off of Ativan.

With Klonopin cutting down (I did microtaper) was SO MUCH harder.

Replying to your PM here.  :)

You’ve gotten good advice that I agree with. I’ve also seen people really struggle with Klonopin and I’d avoid it, too, personally.

Your Ativan dose isn’t that high although I know it’s potent and causes withdrawal enough to be miserable. I think if you can, I’d stick to tapering directly off of it instead of switching.

Twice a day dosing with fast-acting benzodiazepines is tough. If you can, I’d try to split your total daily dose into at least three doses. I dosed four times a day when I tapered Xanax, which is similarly fast-acting. I didn’t have inter-dose issues, although I certainly had withdrawal symptoms.

You might be able to take a day’s dose, crumble it all up, and take it as needed during the day to calm your symptoms, leaving the largest amount for night if that’s when you need it most.

Perfect sounds good I'll continue doing what ideal life reccomendes 3 dose of .25 .  It not that I disregard advice when I ask others it's just I like to weigh out all of my options from different people and see what look good for me thanks