Updosing

[Li...]

I made the hard decision to oppose for a while if it helps me with symptoms of withdrawal.  I've read it starts to help pretty quickly.  And if so do all symptoms subside or do some continue? 

Tapering off 0.75k by 0.25 per month is a recipe for disaster. Go slower if possible. I tapered Valium slow but still had an episode of mental panic depression so mine was too fast as well.

Hard to explain but I'm going down about 5 percent per month.  If my symptoms improve in a week it will prove to my dr they are drug induced.  If they dont, she'll conclude I'm a hypercondriac or that they are undiagnosed problems. Either way I lose. Still looking for an expert to help me.  I mentioned liquid compounding and she said she would never do that as it's too hard for patient to take precise amount.  I just suffered for six months to undo my progress and updose...arrggg

My dr said I could updose for a week to see if it helps. I dont know where she is getting that timeline.  She doesn't believe I'm having withdrawal sx even though they are classic of benzo tapering.  The taper I was on initially was .75 daily. Then after a month I would go down .25mg to .50 for 1 day. Then the next month i keep adding a day to the schedule. So I did this for 4 months alternating every other day. I have wondered about serum level fluctuations but klonopin has a long half life. Because of my sx my dr has held me for the last 3 months.

Still being unable to work, I asked to updose. She has increased me to 1.0 daily.  It's only been 2 days and no improvement yet. Not sure what to expect on the updosing. I'm praying it works.

If I were you I would find a new doctor. I don't know how long you have been on K but that is a too rapid taper if you have been on very any length of time. It may take a few days for the updose to really register in your body. Hope you are feeling better soon.

My dr said I could updose for a week to see if it helps. I dont know where she is getting that timeline.  She doesn't believe I'm having withdrawal sx even though they are classic of benzo tapering.  The taper I was on initially was .75 daily. Then after a month I would go down .25mg to .50 for 1 day. Then the next month i keep adding a day to the schedule. So I did this for 4 months alternating every other day. I have wondered about serum level fluctuations but klonopin has a long half life. Because of my sx my dr has held me for the last 3 months.

Still being unable to work, I asked to updose. She has increased me to 1.0 daily.  It's only been 2 days and no improvement yet. Not sure what to expect on the updosing. I'm praying it works.

Could you explain your taper so I can understand it, I'm having a difficult time with this, I guess because I've never seen it done this way.

I'm unclear about if you were dosing every other day and also about the reductions of going down to .50 for a day then adding another day each month.

Whoa!  That's way too fast; I don't understand your doctor's plan at all.  Scary.  You will definitely have rough withdrawals at that rate.

.25 mg is 33.33% of .75 mg.  5% of .75 mg is only .04 mg. 

Plug you numbers into the link below and find a plan that will not sabotage your efforts.  You can do a reduction of 5% which is .04 mg every 10 days (or more days if you so choose).  In 30 days at that rate, you'd only be dropping .12 mg. 

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Good luck.

alternating every other day.

Oh, my goodness, NO!!!

If I were me, I would sure be finding another doctor.

As others have stated, your taper rate is way too fast, and this "every other day" thing is just nonsense.

And . . . of course K comes in a liquid. I'm certain hundreds and hundreds of ppl have managed to taper using the liquid. This is just awful:

I mentioned liquid compounding and she said she would never do that as it's too hard for patient to take precise amount.

We're not stupid in w/d, just a little compromised. If I managed (I'm a math idiot) to figure out my liquid taper that had to be made every day, so can anyone.

I feel for you, Lizzy. Hope you get this straightened out.

:smitten:

Katz

Hi, my psychiatrist is a very good one, helps me a lot, but he told to me to cold turkey 0.5 mg Klonopin. I said no, I know now my doctor was wrong, I told him I was going to taper, so he told me ok. No one of my docs told me about the risks of taking benzos. I am tapering 1/8 of 0.5 mg each week (on holidays 2 weeks) and doing well so far.