Jordan Peterson's year of 'absolute hell': Professor forced to retreat....

[co...]

"Scientology And Jordan Peterson Close To A 5 Year Deal"

https://www.gishgallop.com/scientology-and-jordan-peterson-close-to-a-5-year-deal/

"Gilman Hot Springs, CA — According to Scientology insiders, controversial Canadian performance artist and occasional clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson are close to inking a deal with the Church.

Brought to you by the same website that has a front page article entitled "The Sneetches Donald Trump's Favorite Toilet Book".

If you want a real laugh, check out the definition of "gish gallop"-

"The Gish gallop is a technique used during debating that focuses on overwhelming an opponent with as many arguments as possible, without regard for accuracy or strength of the arguments."

Take your nonsense somewhere else, some of us are trying to have an adult conversation.

To be fair to Fi Addendum, this was not deliberate misrepresentation. And given - not withstanding that gishgallop.com is a satirical website - that there is so much non-genuine 'news' presented as fact, it is becoming increasingly difficult separate-out factually based information from the purely fictitious/disingenuous and propaganda.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [id...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume ppl are aware that there is a certain site that thinks Benzo Buddies is in league with Scientology....

You mean the guy who we banned from here ten years ago? The lifetime* member of the LaRouche political cult? That guy? ::)

* No exaggeration.

To be fair to Fi Addendum, this was not deliberate misrepresentation. And given - not withstanding that gishgallop.com is a satirical website - that there is so much non-genuine 'news' presented as fact, it is becoming increasingly difficult separate-out factually based information from the purely fictitious/disingenuous and propaganda.

It's a lot more difficult to separate news from satire when you only see what you want to see.

Fi has an agenda against JP and he never hesitates to inappropriately interject his opinions about the man into these discussions. Most of it is ad hominem attacks. I have yet to see kind of legitimate criticism.

I presume ppl are aware that there is a certain site that thinks Benzo Buddies is in league with Scientology....

You mean the guy who we banned from here ten years ago? The lifetime* member of the LaRouche political cult? That guy? ::)

* No exaggeration.

No idea about the background of it Colin but he clearly still has access or henchmen as recent posts still end up on his site...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3321276/

Abstract

Despite decades of basic and clinical research, our understanding of how benzodiazepines tend to lose their efficacy over time (tolerance) is at least incomplete. In appears that tolerance develops relatively quickly for the sedative and anticonvulsant actions of benzodiazepines, whereas tolerance to anxiolytic and amnesic effects probably does not develop at all. In light of this evidence, we review the current evidence for the neuroadaptive mechanisms underlying benzodiazepine tolerance, including changes of (i) the GABAA receptor (subunit expression and receptor coupling), (ii) intracellular changes stemming from transcriptional and neurotrophic factors, (iii) ionotropic glutamate receptors, (iv) other neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine, and acetylcholine systems), and (v) the neurosteroid system. From the large variance in the studies, it appears that either different (simultaneous) tolerance mechanisms occur depending on the benzodiazepine effect, or that the tolerance-inducing mechanism depends on the activated GABAA receptor subtypes. Importantly, there is no convincing evidence that tolerance occurs with α subunit subtype-selective compounds acting at the benzodiazepine site.

I think it's only right we keep the focus on his condition given that that's what the original post was about and that that's the focus of this site.  I really despise the highly polarized political environment that exists on the internet.  It's why I don't use twitter, facebook, or any other social media site.  I would hate to see that spill over onto this site. 

Jordan Peterson's lecture on antidepressants prior to joining his daughter's "Lion Diet" commercial enterprise:

An article from the "Atlantic" referencing Mikhaila Peterson's "Lion Diet" commercial enterprise:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/

And now, the present time Jordan Peterson as graphically told in the many links posted on this thread.

Jordan Peterson's lecture on antidepressants prior to joining his daughter's "Lion Diet" commercial enterprise:

An article from the "Atlantic" referencing Mikhaila Peterson's "Lion Diet" commercial enterprise:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/

And now, the present time Jordan Peterson as graphically told in the many links posted on this thread.

This isn't the place for your diet propaganda and character assisination of someone who is suffering from benzo issues.

Take it somewhere else dude.

[43...]

If you watch this video 

1.26.30 near the end  here

shows

if he practises his own rules for life

he will be okay....reborn and better than ever.

as we will  be too in some way or another. 

On this link above  Jordan  Peterson on the 12 rules of Life.

Continuing the political discussion will result in this thread being locked. Please keep this in mind before posting.

This isn't a "political discussion", it is one person posting political propaganda. I responded to it earlier because it's important to set the record straight but I have no desire to go down that road.

You need to shut down the instigator. It isn't fair to the rest of us.

It also feels "political", to me anyway, to limit the discussion of a public figure to happy talk. Happy talk and warnings, what a great combination.

His condition is also about who he is in the world, his choices, his expectations. He might have had less choices in the world, and been better off, if he had not been "jp" in this situation, with his money, career, and mindset.

Continuing the political discussion will result in this thread being locked. Please keep this in mind before posting.

This isn't a "political discussion", it is one person posting political propaganda. I responded to it earlier because it's important to set the record straight but I have no desire to go down that road.

You used political language to condemn here. Look up. (#155) Maybe you felt justified but it is offensive.

Which makes it a political discussion.

Which makes it a political discussion.

So it is ok for one person to post political propaganda from one side as long as no one who has a different opinion responds?

There is only one person on this thread that is actively trying to make this a political discussion. You can easily kill the political discussion without locking the thread by addressing the root of the problem.

https://sputniknews.com/viral/202002171078334558-the-master-is-back-fans-ecstatic-as-jordan-petersons-daughter-shares-a-family-pic-from-russia/

"The Master is Back’: Fans Ecstatic as Jordan Peterson’s Daughter Shares a Family Pic From Russia"

For someone who's just fresh out of coma and ICU, he looks pretty good.

Re: the Lion diet. I actually wonder if their diets have to be so restrictive because of their prior benzo use. I could only eat a couple of foods (chicken, rice and zucchini) for months after I stopped Remeron and started tapering Klonopin. Then I added chicken soup (with bone broth made from scratch) and ate that for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am not exaggerating. My diet is still pretty restrictive (over 2 years out) but at first, I literally ate 3 things that I've mentioned and that's it. I noticed that I needed (and still do need) a lot of animal protein. Although, later on, I also found that I feel better eating white bread and something with refined sugar (I have a theory why that is, but it's a long story). So I wouldn't judge the diet itself too harsh. Of course, advertising it to millions of people just because you think it helped you... that's another story.

There will be no political discussions allowed here or elsewhere on the forum.  We support anyone who is going through withdrawal, we always have done this.  Jordan is not here for support.  If you wish to document his progress, then do so.

We will remove any political post. If the member continues to post politically charged responses we'll take further action.

pianogirl

Re: the Lion diet. I actually wonder if their diets have to be so restrictive because of their prior benzo use. I could only eat a couple of foods (chicken, rice and zucchini) for months after I stopped Remeron and started tapering Klonopin. Then I added chicken soup (with bone broth made from scratch) and ate that for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am not exaggerating. My diet is still pretty restrictive (over 2 years out) but at first, I literally ate 3 things that I've mentioned and that's it. I noticed that I needed (and still do need) a lot of animal protein. Although, later on, I also found that I feel better eating white bread and something with refined sugar (I have a theory why that is, but it's a long story). So I wouldn't judge the diet itself too harsh. Of course, advertising it to millions of people just because you think it helped you... that's another story.

I hadn't really thought much about this until now but I also wonder if there is some kind of tie in between being able to treat autoimmune type issues with certain elimination diets and whatever we have going on with benzos.

There are hundreds or probably even thousands of anecdotal reports online of people resolving autoimmune issues such as MS, fibro, eczema (which I have firsthand experience with), diabetes, lupus. IBS etc with some version of a low carb or no carb diet.

There is obviously something to it. I just wonder if this is further proof that there is some kind of link between benzo damage and autoimmune disorders.

Im surprised prof. Peterson was able to go out to a restaurant?!

That kind of stimulation was unbearable and unthinkable for me for at least a year after quiting benzos. I wonder if they didnt put him on some other type of drug to replace the benzo.

Regardless, my heart goes out ot him and his family, no living being should have to go through that hell.

:-\

That kind of stimulation was unbearable and unthinkable for me for at least a year after quiting benzos. I wonder if they didnt put him on some other type of drug to replace the benzo.

Not necessarily. I wasn't nearly as socially active in the first year off but I never got to the point where I was completely unable to enter stimulating environments. Just depends on the person.

This is NOT a political comment but, it is a documented recently instituted Russian law that the Peterson family should be aware of while being a Russian guest:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/02/world/europe/russia-foreign-agents-law.html

"In Russia, an Updated Law With New Restrictions on Freedom of Speech:

President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia on Monday signed a law that could require anyone distributing information and being paid from abroad to register as a foreign agent.

."

best wishes

Regardless, my heart goes out ot him and his family, no living being should have to go through that hell.

:-\

That's what I was thinking too. I only started to go out sometimes around 20 months off. I made attempts before but it was miserable.

I suspect they put him on noofen (phenibut). They REALLY like it in Russia. They prescribe it to babies. It acts like benzos+meth  and has a wicked withdrawal. My benzo journey started with phenibut, although there's more to it.