Looking for data on solution ratios for liquid titration

[ki...]

It has come to my attention that the 1:10 ratio solution that many of us use may not actually be a solution, that some of the benzo can precipitate out of solution when you dilute the vodka+benzo mixture. I know that it requires A LOT of water for a benzo to be *slightly* soluble in water. So what I’m wondering is if there is a more ideal ratio of benzo to liquid that will ensure more accuracy when dosing. Rx liquid V is not an option for me at the moment and I have been trying to troubleshoot symptoms so that I can have an “easier” time of it this go around. (I have read through Joyuban—I think that’s the name of the main author)

[5b...]

Mixing benzos with alcohol then diluting with water gives a suspension - possibly a colloidal suspension.  It seems to be reasonably stable for some period of time.  I'm not sure how long it takes for the drug to separate from the water, but there are plenty of people here who claim the 'mixture' stays evenly mixed for some days.

You could avoid adding water to the initial alcohol solution if the solubility situation bothers you too much.  It'll be like drinking straight vodka, but some people like that.  You'd still only use a small amount.  Might need a 5 or 10 ml grad cylinder to do reductions.  You could use straight whiskey (or rum or cognac or tequila) if one of those would be more palatable to you.

Thank you for your response. So if I’m reading your response correctly, when you add water to the mix it ceases to be a solution?

Taste isn’t an issue for me, I’m more concerned with accuracy. I hadn’t been shaking my mixture before drawing and I’m suspecting that might be the issue for my increased symptoms if the mixture is a suspension, not a solution.

Mixing benzos with alcohol then diluting with water gives a suspension - possibly a colloidal suspension.  It seems to be reasonably stable for some period of time.  I'm not sure how long it takes for the drug to separate from the water, but there are plenty of people here who claim the 'mixture' stays evenly mixed for some days.

You could avoid adding water to the initial alcohol solution if the solubility situation bothers you too much.  It'll be like drinking straight vodka, but some people like that.  You'd still only use a small amount.  Might need a 5 or 10 ml grad cylinder to do reductions.  You could use straight whiskey (or rum or cognac or tequila) if one of those would be more palatable to you.

[5b...]

There's a lot of info on benzo solubility, and most aren't 'soluble' unless the alcohol content is pretty high.  So when people dilute the alcohol solution with water, the benzo has to come out of solution.  But that doesn't mean that the resulting suspension isn't usable.  Milk is a colloidal suspension that's quite stable.

I'd definitely shake any mixture prior to use (I even shake my milk, fwiw).