10% + per month toitration taper realistic?

[Ch...]

I am aiming to step up my taper to 10% per month and thus finally get off this poison by around this time next year, at the latest.

I think it is going to stretch me if I continue to dry cut. I ave not achieved that kind of rate since the earliest days of my taper and I am wondering what kind of rates others are going at.       

Now I am below one pill and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am keen to go for it. I just want to be done with this asap now. 

I feel a 10% a month taper rate is reasonable depending on how you feel, how are you feeling?  Are you looking to use titration for the last of your taper?

I feel exhausted and headachey a lot of the time.

I want t push on with this and am wondering whether titration would suit me better. 

I am using dry cuts. I know I have gone slowly and want to speed up now.

I am dealing with multiple health issues and have to be cautious and got badly burnt by the big cuts early on.

If you got hurt with bigger cuts earlier, would it be wise to speed up your taper now?  This is especially true if you are dealing with other health issues.

It seems like you are doing pretty well with the plan you've been following. I do understand your wish to get off the medication, I felt the same way. If something is working, I'd be leery about changing it.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I'll be starting my taper on Mar 1st. My initial plan had me going off 0.25mg/daily clonazepam in 4 months. I've since altered that plan to 7.5 months which is more inline with the benzo calculator and if it takes longer so be it.

Almost everyone who has quit says slow and steady wins the race.

I understand your anxious to get off this shit, so am I, but if what you have been doing works don't jeopardize it.

I hear what you are saying. I think it is also worth pushing the boundaries a little. I am experimenting with a 7% cut atm, ,0.01mg per day for seven days, to complete tomorrow. The idea is to see how much worse I feel for going a bit quicker, if at all.  And maybe I can be off within a year rather than two. Thanks for the link to the benzo calculator btw.

Thanks for asking, pianogirl.

It is a little hard to know so far as I took a dose of Pramipexole (Mirapax) two nights ago and it had bad s/x i.e. made me very drowsy and muddle-headed and caused respiratory suppression by likely benzo interaction.

Anyway, the most noticeable added s/x are a burning sensation under the skin. But I do not feel so much worse so far.

I only stopped cutting three days ago and it usually takes me six days to feel a cut so it may not have peaked yet.

I'm sorry you had a reaction to Pramipexole (Mirapax).  Are you taking this medication regularly? It appears to affect serotonin levels, but honestly, anything that affects the cns can upset a very fragile apple cart.

Just took it the once - no way could I handle that again.

Btw I think I am starting to stabilize after the last cut. The burning sensation under the skin is getting better. keen to make another cut in maybe a week.