Success Story

[fe...]

This is just my 8th full day without klonopin, so I'm not out of the woods. 

I'd been on klonopin 12 years and it was messing up my life, so I started taking the lowest dose I could handle for work about 6 months ago.

I quit my job 9 days ago to take care of myself completely, and since I have not taken any more klonopin.

Physically I feel a little crummy, but I've started to reconnect with everything and I feel like I'm on the mend.

I've been through a lot, and my heart goes out to all of you.  Hope this inspires you!

[f2...]
Way to go fermdawg2!  Thank you for sharing your story.  All of us who are in the midst of a taper need people like you to share their success.  It helps me believe that if others can do this, I can too!  :thumbsup:

Thank you!!

I believe I'm no longer dependent on benzos and I'm going to be fine.

Some advice:

1)  You can come back, you can heal from this.  I guarantee that.

2)  Don't push your body or mind too hard.

3)  This battle is worth fighting and should be your #1 priority. 

4)  Remove yourself from all obligations, take some time to yourself, as much as you need.

5)  A good therapist can really make a difference.

Be patient with yourself, hang in there everyone!

Another day with no klonopin (10 days) and I feel things going back to normal.

I wanted to add to this post now because I'd imagine I may not going to be coming to this site too much in the future.

My advice is: stay at it, make this a priority.  Also don't be afraid to quit a job over getting yourself better.

Hang in there everyone.

Congrats! Hang tough! I was in your shoes about 11 months ago. Trust me there is an end...take care of yourself. Try to exercise, it helped me a lot. I used a Fit Bit to track my sleep and heart rate. Invaluable tool that gives you an indication of what your body is doing. It provides a good pattern.

I tried L-thanine, not sure it helped but I did my cognitive abilities were improving....didnt hurt me.

Great job now finish the race!

Thanks so much!

My body feels good.  A little trouble sleeping, a little nausea, some random brain zaps, but nothing too bad.

I plan on taking it easy for a week or two and then I am literally going to take over the world.

Hello,

I wanted to add to this thread again while feelings are fresh.  Now 11 days off from klonopin.

I'm starting to settle down and realize how much personal work is still in front of me.  There are problems I still have that will need some rehab.