Mirtazapine

[Lu...]

Looking for some advice

iv come off valium 5 month's ago

Zopiclone 3 and a half months ago...

gp put me on mirtazapine 5 month's ago has helped alot with sleeping and low mood upped my dose from 22.5mg to 30mgs two weeks ago because of very bad anxiety that came out of nowhere i was doing fine up until then

So 2 weeks on and I'm still no better a little worse if im honest..

Don't know what to do for the best come off it all together or just keep pushing through

Many have reported that high doses or mirt actually increase anxiety which makes sense because the higher the dose the more it acts like a stimulant. Lower doses appear to be better for sleep and anxiety.

Hello,

I started on 15mg a month ago. It has really helped my sleep quality. Also, I believe it's helping with my anxiety as I was taking 1mg of klonopin twice a day. Now down to 1 Klonopin.

Thanks,

Larry

I have been on 30 mg remeron for almost 14 months now, I will start tot taper once I know i am totally healed.

I started taking a small dose of Mirt about three months ago and it has been a Godsend.  I honestly don't think I would have finished my taper without it as I was getting zero sleep.  I recently jumped off Clonazepam so like you... I will allow my body time to heal and then start the Mirt taper.  I have stayed on 7.5 mg.  I took Mirt in 2017 for a few months and tapered off without issues.  Hoping/praying that this time around will go the same.  I'm so grateful to be off Clonazepam and I consider Mirt my friend.  How will you taper... with water or dry cuts?  :thumbsup::smitten:

Looking for some advice

iv come off valium 5 month's ago

Zopiclone 3 and a half months ago...

gp put me on mirtazapine 5 month's ago has helped alot with sleeping and low mood upped my dose from 22.5mg to 30mgs two weeks ago because of very bad anxiety that came out of nowhere i was doing fine up until then

So 2 weeks on and I'm still no better a little worse if im honest..

Don't know what to do for the best come off it all together or just keep pushing through

I've heard that anything above 7.5 mg is less sedating and more like an antidepressant so I have stayed at 7.5 Mg and plan on tapering in about six months when I'm further away from the Benzo use.  :thumbsup:

I took mirtazapine for about a year..It helped me sleep and it really helped me out with the anxiety. As a matter of fact I was just about to nose dive emotionally right before I had to travel with my wife to visit a friend out of state. I don't know what would happened if I didn't have it.

But there is a bad side to it..They give mirtazapine to chemo patients so that they will get their appetite back. I turned into an eating machine. I cannot emphasize just how powerful of an appetite stimulant that it was. It's even stronger an appetite stimulant than medical marijuana. I never took medical marijuana but I remember as an experimental kid I got a chance to use marijuana but I didn't inhale.

I ended up weaning off of it..Some people have a problem getting off of it but I used my will power and small cuts and I got off of it.

So I used mirtazapine successfully for anxiety. But I paid a price by eating my way well past I ever weighed in my life

• 4 weeks later...