Ativan to Clonazepam

[Bl...]

Hey everyone hope all is well. i tapered my day dose of .5 ativan to .25 mg .  I take .25 in the day and .5 before bed. Recently ive started getting anxiety in between doses so my doctor told me i can replace my ativan with clonazepam. I replaced my usual night dose of .5 mg ativan with half a .5 mg clonazepam (.25mg) i fell asleep then woke up a few hours later as if i didnt take anything before bed. I had extreme anxiety and pains so said screw it took my usual ativan to sleep. WHy did it feel like a was going cold turkey i thought ativan can be replaced directly with clonazepam . Any advice would be appreciated

thank you so much all the best

While both are benzo's, they have different properties, so I'm not surprised you noticed a difference.  We get used to how our benzo makes us feel so when we take another one it won't feel right to us.  What about dosing the Ativan more often, maybe 3 or 4 times each day since it's a short acting drug?

i will probably try that pamster thanks! ill split my night time dose from .5 to .25 twice. problem is when i get towards end of taper and all three doses are at .125 do i cut all three at same time since cutting one dose of three would start interdosedrawl. this process is so overwhelming

thank you

I know it's overwhelming and when you get to that point, you'll have choices, of course none of them are pleasant.  You may have to cut one of them out and deal with the inter-dose or you may decide to use a different method to taper the last little bit using dry titration.  This would allow you to still dose a few times a day a bit more precisely since you'd be crushing and weighing your dose on a jeweler scale.  Okay, now I've just overwhelmed you even more.  :-X

No not at all haha. It's been 3 week's since my last cut and I feel so depressed and anxious is this normal? Could it be symptoms get worse the longer you hold on to a cut?

I didn't taper but I've read from other members that this can happen, I guess you have to find that perfect time and cut when you feel it happen.  But anxiety and depression are an everyday thing with benzo withdrawal so it could be that too.