Effexor first week symptoms

[Ni...]

How long until the side effects from this Effexor goes away? I’m only on day two of 37.5 and I’m jittery and anxiety is up. I had to take a 2mg Valium to calm down

Hi bro

No way you should be getting side effects on day two, If suggest it's your own anxiety at starting ADs getting the better of you.

The minimum therapeutic dose is 75,mg but you can go up to 225 for anxiety and as much as 375 for depression.

Yep you will get side effects in the first 2-3 weeks and mainly anxiety, then it goes away.

Just carry on taking, do exercise, and try not to think about it too much.

You'll be fine.

How long until the side effects from this Effexor goes away? I’m only on day two of 37.5 and I’m jittery and anxiety is up. I had to take a 2mg Valium to calm down

I'm  not surprised that you are jittery and have anxiety. I  was put on Zoloft a long time ago and had to stop it after a couple of  days. I couldn't stand the jittery, anxious feeling. I think it takes something like 3-6 weeks to calm down, and then the AD can work properly. I couldn't wait that long. I quit the Zoloft.

I switched from effexor to another med that was is the same family. You really have to hang in there tough with the 37.5 until you stabilize with that. It was hard for me on the first week. My psychiatrist wanted me to wait 2 weeks to stabilize with the effexor.

But the tapering off of effexor was a beast to wean off. I remember my worst symptom was total muscle ached in all off my limbs and buttocks.

If you try to get off it faster than the 2 weeks you can set yourself up for failure.

But just like anything, you have to live with the side effects until they start weaken without weaning off too quickly

These sound like typical start up effects of Effexor. I usually had a few days of increased anxiety with each dose increase then it would fade. (Currently been on 150 mg for 1.5 years)

But the tapering off of effexor was a beast to wean off. I remember my worst symptom was total muscle ached in all off my limbs and buttocks.

Effexor withdrawal when I got off Effexor in my mid 20's were the most excruciating things i have ever gone through.  2 weeks of absolute physical and mental torture being locked to the couch. I've heard it's worse than Heroin withdrawals and I can't imagine anything worse so I believe it.  Wish I would have never got on that devil drug. But when it was all over it was all over for the most part.  However, I would take that all again in a heartbeat rather than the 5 years of windows and waves from Benzos. At least when it was over it was over.

If you don't need Effexor, don't take it. Glad you got off.