Author Topic: Devastated and anxious  (Read 2078 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Devastated and anxious
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 12:27:45 am »
Hi [...],

I am so sorry you are having difficulties with your mum.
Being treated like crap is anger provoking, but maybe next time, just tell her your feelings when she does or says something you dont like.
I'm sorry you seem to feel in a vicious circle with this, and the family.
Stopping your withdrawal is not a good idea, as you will feel anxious and other negative stuff, through tolerance alone. At least with tapering, you are on a road to recovery, and your body is getting used to less and less benzo.
I know, [...], I know I have to stop this dependancy upon her. And I need to move away from being so close to them all. FAR away. But since it is the country I want to leave, I feel I need to get off the Benzos first I dont know if I can finish my taper in a different country.
If it were me, I would think about this, when your cns has recovered and you are free of benzos.
Dont be sorry for ranting, and dont feel a bore, you are benefiting from posting this message, and thats what it is all about.
Years on years of niggling can have a traumatic cumulative effect, so I dont think it is trifling in the big picture. Just think of a leaky water tank in the loft, leaking one drop at a time, over time, the ceiling falls in.
You're not incompetent, you have just had a tough time which has shaken you.

love J x
[/quote]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 03:32:35 pm »
Hi [...],

Wow...so sorry u r having such an awful time of it. I have had times of isolation too. I am a real people person and when that has happened in the past, I was very unhappy. What about going to a bookstore where you can sit around and be around others while reading? I've made conversation with people there. Going to a department store helps me too ...just being around others. Taking a walk helps me a lot as well...just getting outside or taking a car ride while listening to music on some country roads will lift my spirits and help me feel connected to the world. :thumbsup: R U allowed to have a pet? My dogs keep me great company and if I feel lonely, I will bathe them, brush them, play with them. Also, baking cookies for a neighbor or someone like a doctor's office can help get us out of ourself. Doing things for others and reaching out helps a lot. Nursing homes are a great way to connect. A lot of churches have volunteering at Nursing homes where there are other lonely people needing to connect. A smile goes a long way ....I make a habit that no matter how I am feeling, that I smile at people and chit chat whenever out. I've had some very interesting  conversations in unexpected places. Also, doing crafts and coloring helps me. Yep, coloring. I will get colored pencils and download some neat pics off the internet and color and listen to music. Radio is a great way to feel connected. I hope this helps. Glad U are on here.  8) God Bless U
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 06:11:43 pm »
Hi LMarie and welcome on board  :)

Thank you for the wonderful post and the many suggestions. I agree that getting out with the car and driving in the countryside helps me a lot.

I have no problem getting into conversations with people (like salespeople). But I feel isolated due to lack of intimate relationships - and the loss of those I had. Suddenly since my w/d in clinic - and then reinstatement everyone has pointed their finger at me (though I took them for 10 years and no one made an issue about it because I didnt either).

Elke